Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

TSSCC and SCSCC auto-x at Sears Centre this Sunday

Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSSCC and SCSCC auto-x at Sears Centre this Sunday

For those planning to attend.

"TSSCC is pleased to announce a co-event with Salt Creek Sports Car Club this Sunday, May 2nd at Sears Centre Arena.

Since our clubs run events with slightly different formats, this Sunday will be a blend of what we consider the best parts of each clubs event operations. As such, TSSCC regulars should note the following items:

Run/Work/Rest schedule:
We'll be utilizing Salt Creek's run/work/rest 6-heat format. It means smaller heats, but they will be shorter as well. Everyone will still get two heats of at least 3-runs each, but the big change will be the working 2 heats and then resting for 2 heats. We're asking all our TSSCC members and regular attendees to give this format a try. It's got the advantage of giving you some time off during the event to have lunch, watch, work on your car setup, or just take a nap. The run order and worker assignments will be handled by Salt Creek members and we'll hoping to watch over their shoulder to see how its done.

Corner Sheets and Audit:
TSSCC utilizes corner sheets/sweep and audit processes that may be unfamiliar to Salt Creek members. If you're working a corner with them, please go the extra mile to show them how we do that as they might not have ever done it.

Grid:
The standard TSSCC "herringbone" grid will be used. Two driver cars should grid near the front. Please help out those unfamiliar with how it works.

Lunch:
Salt Creek will be providing lunch (hotdog/chips/water) for all competitors -- no need to leave the event site!! Lunch tickets will be handed out at registration.

Trophies:
Both clubs will be awarding trophies for each trophy position. As usual, TSSCC will also offer chits for those who want them instead of a TSSCC trophy. Remember, if you earn a trophy/chit, you need to be present to collect it at the end of the day or ask someone to pick it up for you.

A big thank you goes out to Todd and Laura Simpson for helping us get this put together on such short notice.

Come on out and join us for a great event with some great friends and competitors!

-- TSSCC Board"

Hoping the weather is decent.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Very cool. I might make this one as I haven't run at sears center yet.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM

sears center parking lot should be pretty good condition. I may attend if i get my vibrations sorted out.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 AM

The lot is in good shape. Some of the island were removed a while ago (they weren't there when TSSCC used the lot last year). I don't think there's any pictures from last weeks event there, but Andy Seipos took some last year and you can see them on his site here --> http://andyseipos.com/p487714902
Old 04-27-2010, 11:44 AM

I'll be there to practice my on and off camber cornering.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:05 PM

this may be the last autox for me for quite a long time.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeggy,Apr 30 2010, 07:05 PM
:'(

I'd love to make an appearance, but I'm busy in the early afternoon.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by jeggy,Apr 30 2010, 08:05 PM
WTF, why? I'll either be at the Sears Center, or Maywood this Sunday.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chris S2K,Apr 30 2010, 11:16 PM
WTF, why? I'll either be at the Sears Center, or Maywood this Sunday.
something has come up that i need to save up money and more then likely sell the S
Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by jeggy,May 1 2010, 04:47 AM
something has come up that i need to save up money and more then likely sell the S
Been there. You do what you have to do. I stopped racing for 5 years or so to get things together. Now, more or less, they are and I'm slowly coming back to racing. Plus you can always co-drive. Borrowed cars go faster anyway, I don't know why, they just do.

Quick Reply: TSSCC and SCSCC auto-x at Sears Centre this Sunday