Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Stop the copy!

Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop the copy!

I cant believe how many people are supporting these companies that steal another places design and give it away Has this always been the trend here?? I am all for competition and companies MFG their own design. Sad to see all the treads started and support given from this site.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What specifically are you talking about?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:12 PM

all these knock-off parts
Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 PM

knockoff as in Replica? Or like OBX ITb's and Jenvey ITB's?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 PM

. I know what you are talking about, there was an argument in another thread about this, I believe in modification and parts. Some of full blowns parts and others were copied, but like anything out there, tvs, computers, shoes, clothes, literally EVERYTHING, its up to the consumer to get what they want. I have seen pics of what happens to knock off wheels, they break hitting a pothole, it's that persons fault for going the cheap, imitation route. It's also up to the manufacturer to set patents in place, if they don't then it's up for grabs, if they do have a patent on something, then they should do something about it. This can also only go so far, If one company made an intercooler, can no one else make one? of course not, ppl need to be able to choose from different manufacturers. The owners of the site can't stop sponsors from selling something just because it looks like anothers, i.e hey you can't sell that t-shirt of an S2000 we already have someone selling one like it.

I have a seibon mugen style hood, I got it for $500 brand new from seibon, great quality, great fitment but not as light and as expensive as the real Mugen one, I'm completely happy with it.

I know I probably didn't give the best examples but hopefully I got my point across, if you don't like fake parts, don't buy them.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was *just* talking to a friend about how I absolutely loved the Rota Slipstreams I had on my AP1. The width and offsets were perfect, the color-matching by the previous owner was spot-on for Silverstone, and I was actually able to buy them because they were at a great price, even shipped. Just like my current S, I daily'ed AND autocrossed that car with those wheels, putting on tens of thousands of miles, and had no issues.

Meanwhile, I've yet to find any exhaust that competes with the satisfaction I had with my Asura 3" dual exhaust. It was well worth the money, and despite me having to sell it for financial reasons, I'll gladly buy it back when I get the opportunity. It's a completely unique product, design and made by hand in the US.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:06 AM

What was classic, at least to me, was that there is a thread in the modification section comparing three or so of these companies that copied and make GFX parts I was reading on another High Line Car forum yesterday (really shocked) they they molded a knock off Wald Kit and because they molded it...it was "OK" to get the copied money since it was going to be molded and know one would ever tell the difference. The thread was actually called "molded walk kit"...

I know this will never end but I guess I have noticed a huge trend on here with cheap eBay parts and supporting these Knock Off parts and threads to compare the quality. :SMH:
Old 02-24-2012, 07:44 PM

the only people the suffer from this is the original companies. just my 2 cents; if you dont like it or want to support it, dont buy it. replicas has its ups and downs.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by K1ngfunK
I was *just* talking to a friend about how I absolutely loved the Rota Slipstreams I had on my AP1. The width and offsets were perfect, the color-matching by the previous owner was spot-on for Silverstone, and I was actually able to buy them because they were at a great price, even shipped. Just like my current S, I daily'ed AND autocrossed that car with those wheels, putting on tens of thousands of miles, and had no issues.

Meanwhile, I've yet to find any exhaust that competes with the satisfaction I had with my Asura 3" dual exhaust. It was well worth the money, and despite me having to sell it for financial reasons, I'll gladly buy it back when I get the opportunity. It's a completely unique product, design and made by hand in the US.
How convenient Kingfunk that those exact rota wheels that you loved so much just happen to be for sale still.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:28 PM

people don't have lots of money. Companies look at this as a money making opportunity for themselves, because that's why they own a business is to make money. Car companies in china make replica cars that look like other makes. They made a Bentley look so much like the real Bentley that Bentley was going to take legal action. The chinese automaker did the same thing with the Ford F150 too. It's all about being a baller without being a baller. Grocery stores do it too, look at walmart. You will never be able to stop them.

Quick Reply: Stop the copy!