Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Stolen car

Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen car

cant sleep right now because less than two hours ago, i heard my car start up and quickly drive away. ran upstairs and looked out my living room window, and it was gone. 7 years of ownership, gone. passenger window was smashed. '04 GPW lowered on PSS9's with RPF1's and a J's 70rr. i googled "stolen s2000," and to my surprise, these things have been getting snatched all over town. i doubt anyone will see it again. gonna keep an eye out on some classified sections in some forums in the meantime...
Old 01-09-2013, 02:09 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That sucks. I'm very sorry to hear.

Did you still have the black interior in it? That would help distinguish it too.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,872 Likes on 2,083 Posts

I'm sorry to read this. Watching your car being driven away has got to be sickening.

and I'm moving this to the main UMW section.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:36 AM

damn man, sorry to hear this. I'm pretty sure I always used to see you on Howard in Skokie right?

Where was the car stolen from? Sounds like the same way my friends S was stolen from Lincolnwood.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Sorry to hear it. Anyone know how they defeat the steering wheel lock? I am thinking of a burglar alarm with remote sender, the CLUB, and the Garmin. I know they can all be defeated , but trying to make it as hard as possible.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ruexp67
That sucks. I'm very sorry to hear.

Did you still have the black interior in it? That would help distinguish it too.
yea i still had the black interior. swapped out the carpet for red a year later though.

Originally Posted by z_speed
damn man, sorry to hear this. I'm pretty sure I always used to see you on Howard in Skokie right?

Where was the car stolen from? Sounds like the same way my friends S was stolen from Lincolnwood.
the car was stolen right outside my house, near touhy & kedzie. i'm down the street from Lincolnwood. and yea, i'm always driving up and down Howard. i wish i knew s2k's weren't so safe to keep on the streets...
Old 01-09-2013, 05:34 PM
S2KI Editor

I'm so sorry to hear Can I ask was the car parked in your driveway? Or on the street?
Old 01-10-2013, 01:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new year, and they are starting up already. Sucks big time. So sorry to hear this man, and I wish you the best of luck.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Timbagoo
The new year, and they are starting up already. Sucks big time. So sorry to hear this man, and I wish you the best of luck.
Yea bunch of cars stolen this yr already, and no honda is safe on the st... fuc#ing low life people need to get a job. I keep mine in garage! I live in the country so makes it easy to know if I was being followed. I don't sell parts from my house or go to car meets which helps keep thieves away... good luck with the find. Start shopping for another car because thieves will have it to a bare shell if you ever even find the shell.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-10-2013, 04:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has probably been floated out there plenty (I haven't been following these threads; nobody wants to steal mine , but the single most effective method to keeping your car from being stolen (aside from it being towed) is a simple switch to cut off the fuel pump. Hide it in a unique place and make it part of your parking/start-up procedure. No ECU swap or any other trick will work around a manual lack of fuel other than a tow truck.

Quick Reply: Stolen car