Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Saturday Afternoon Project

Old 04-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty kool
Old 04-12-2009, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont understand. it looks like the button layout is the same, but the radio control side does not have the lights to indicate the fan speed. to me it seems like you just didnt swap the knobs,

are the switches from a jdm s2k?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:35 PM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Apr 12 2009, 07:00 PM
6 hours for... ?

lol
I'd assume to wire the left side controls to the right, and the right side controls to the left.

You don't think that just by unplugging the A/C controls on the right, that the owner could just plug and play a JDM Audio/start button pod? ...and then unplug the Audio/start button pod and plug and play a JDM A/C control unit.

Extending and tucking the wiring to get this to work must've been tedious and time consuming for what it is.

BTW, good job on the effort and a unique mod. You may hjust ave started some JDM-next level mod for a lot of people here. I'm not one of them, but others may follow suit.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Check out the cali guys peepin it
Old 04-13-2009, 06:00 AM

minhdinh85: yes they are jdm ac/radio controls. everything is the same layout, just flip flopped. so now the fan speed lights are on the left and the starer is on the right is all, just a tiny not very noticeable mod that i think is pretty cool. you're not gonna see this every day like an exhaust or intake.

Luder94: thats right, i had to drop the steering column (research suggested this was better than removing the steering wheel) so i could get the dash bezel out, and also take the gauge cluster out to reroute wires. i think it was a total of 2 bolts to loosen, 2 nuts to take off, and 7 phillips head screws to take out. the most time consuming part was sorting through the wire harness i bought (a full harness from a totalled '00) and making sure all the wires were long enough to go from one side to the other and cutting the old connection jack plugs off and soldering the extended ones on. takeing it apart and putting it together was a total of maybe 45 mins. as for the next level jdm mod...idk how well other ppl are connected on here but it took me for dam ever to find these. maybe it will turn out to be like the "mulderized" turn signals...i doubt it but who knows.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sweeet looks great. Funny thing is even on my civic i find my self using my left hand to lower the radio volume and flip through stations. i would cause an accident changing that. That would be a funny way to mess with someones head tho. I give u tons of props on the wiring. I know that takes patience and hard work. Dont let anyone say ur mod makes no sense or its ugly. SO WHAT! 1) i like it, 2) i drive it. It makes sense to ME. Look and enjoy. No matter what u will get a reaction.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 AM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

A for effort. But it do not see the point of this. The radio controls are now even closer to teh actual radio... But hey...like I said...A for effort. Nice work
Old 04-13-2009, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work. Definitely a unique mod. If others haven't gotten yet, there is no purpose for this mod, just preference. Like how others change interior pieces for a different color or get stitching. No purpose, just preference as well. I think it's cool and definitely my first time seeing this. Good job.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:20 AM

like its been said, to creating a potential new JDM modding trend. Like so many other "JDM" mods, that are done just for personal taste and preference, this one is very well done. good job man.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'm not saying i wonder why it took duane 6 hours, i'm saying in my humble opinion that mod is not worth 6 hours of work but that's just me! i'm not saying hes an idiot for doing it or anything...i spent hours upon hours upon hours fabbing a fmic kit for my ctsc that ended up losing too much boost so i'm definitely not knocking him in that way.

Quick Reply: Saturday Afternoon Project