Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

S2000 Top Replacement

Old 02-13-2013, 06:15 AM
abq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Top Replacement

Whats going on Chi city!

I recently bought a 2000 s2000 and i really want to change the top out. I found an EZ-ON top for 350new from someone but i was hoping i could find some help from fellow local members for the install. Ive never touched a top before and it doesnt look too bad but I do not want to mess up a new top because im a newb at it.

please let me know if you can help out. Looking forward to meeting the s2000 crowd. I was into e36s for a long long time but just got sick up all the little crap and multiple projects. Ive been on euroteknik.com for a long long time

Abdul
Old 02-13-2013, 10:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're swapping a frame and top, I'll gladly help for a couple beers.

If you're doing just the fabric and window, I'd recommend you take it to local member Quivers (Dan).

I've done three or four frame swaps with great success, but the fabric swap I attempted was a colossal pain.

Welcome! We look forward to meeting you, as well!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:06 AM
abq

Originally Posted by K1ngfunK
If you're swapping a frame and top, I'll gladly help for a couple beers.

If you're doing just the fabric and window, I'd recommend you take it to local member Quivers (Dan).

I've done three or four frame swaps with great success, but the fabric swap I attempted was a colossal pain.

Welcome! We look forward to meeting you, as well!
Im debating on either getting a used ap2 frame and top off craigslist for 300 with a slight tear by the drivers door.

or drive 5 hours out and pick up a brand new EZ-ON top for 350, maybe 300 depends on the negotiation.

Or buy a robbins top.
issue with the robbins is what color do i get.. burgandy, black, dark blue or gray?? Im leaning towards the burgandy or black.

here is a Pshopped burgandy on silverstone(not my car).
I have spoken to Dan and his price is very reasonable but i kind of want to attempt it myself. but might just end up letting Dan rivers do the work.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 PM

Well, if you're wanting to do it yourself, I implore you go with a top including the frame. It'll save you (and anyone else who helps) many headaches. That's my $.02
Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 AM
abq

Originally Posted by hecash
With all do respect to the well intended and good skilled members of this forum, Dan knows his shit. I'll never do a top myself while he lives and breathes.
I will most likely end up going to him since he is local and has alot of good reviews.Just waiting on him to reply to my text!

What do you guys think of the burgandy top on silverstone?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by abq
Originally Posted by hecash' timestamp='1360818849' post='22336653
With all do respect to the well intended and good skilled members of this forum, Dan knows his shit. I'll never do a top myself while he lives and breathes.
I will most likely end up going to him since he is local and has alot of good reviews.Just waiting on him to reply to my text!

What do you guys think of the burgandy top on silverstone?
You may be waiting a while. If you need to reach him, spam the heck out of his phone via text. That's what he recommends, and it's worked for me.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM

That burgundy looks horrific IMO. Good luck with whatever Color you choose.

Hecash (Harry) and king funk (garrison) know their stuff , so you have about the best answers you could hope for.

However, I no longer have an s2000. So my posts are useless.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by KnowledgeIsPower
I"m with Casey, dam BMW owner.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:11 AM
abq

Ha thank you for a heads up on his lack of communication skills since hasnt responsed after a day or two.

as far as the burgandy, I dont think i will be going that route since not many poeple have similiar taste and resale is going to be harder if I do put it up for sale come summer time. (really want a z06 )

So I should with a robbin stayfast? How much "maintanence is required? I daily my s2k(yes even in the winter) so I want something that wont fade or get dirty quick. Obviously black is going to hide it but I want that crispy black look to stay for a very long long time.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by passnu2
Originally Posted by KnowledgeIsPower' timestamp='1360881418' post='22338425
I"m with Casey, dam BMW owner.
what did you pick up, mike?

and to OP - yes black is a better choice. whether your top is vinyl, fabric or other you will still need to properly care for it. Raggtop i believe makes a good cleaner for robins type tops, but i could be wrong in that.

Quick Reply: S2000 Top Replacement