Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

O'Hare Honda

Old 03-05-2008, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O'Hare Honda

Just got back from ohare honda and im pissed i ever gave them a chance. First of all i explain exactly the problem i was having. my hardtop is rattling from passenger side top striker. this is on the top of the windshield where the catcher swings down and tightens the top down. i show the service advisor exactly where it is looses, and by the way it is visible looses and makes a lot of noise when im driving.... 1 test drive (that in no way was needed) and 45 min later the tech comes to me and cant seem to find a problem?!?! i show him personally he says 15 min....20 min later i hear them move my car so i go out in front to watch them drive off...Redlines it in 1st 2nd then hard on the brakes to not hit the car in front. makes a large loop around the dealer area which takes about 5-6 min driving normal, and he makes it in 2 and tell me its fixed.

Well i confront him and let him know i heard them drive off twice and get on it for no reason the second time.. he says, "let me be honest with you, i didnt drive it the first time someone else did." WTF!? why is there someone who isnt even working on my car driving it?! i tell him that and that i want to talk to a manger... i explain to the manager what happened and that i saw how he was driving.. he says hell take care of it and the repair will be no charge....like hes doing me a favor!!! they bring my car inside and to my amazement 9 new miles on the tach!!! i tell the service manager this and he lets me know that its normal to put 9 miles to hear a sound!!! i said no one even needed to drive it. He gave no response and i said i will just complain to honda and thats total BS and i will never buy or service a car or anyone that i know to take their car there.

HONDA OF O'HARE

Old 03-05-2008, 05:29 PM

Old 03-05-2008, 06:13 PM

ya they blow..
i took my turbocharged rsx into them to what they would give me as a trade in just for entertainment.. they took my car out for about 20 minutes and the car had half a tank of gas in it (i also had my laptop hooked up doing a datalog through kpro, once it hits 4500k it starts to record) anyways they give me this bullshit story about its a liability and they would only give me 8 for a car with a total of 10k invested into it...

i get back into my car and there is no gas left, i was like what the hell i had half a tank, look at the datalog and the guy who test drove my car ripped it through all the gears.. few minutes later i get a call from my friend who says he saw my car trying to race a couple cars by the dealership.. i take the laptop and start bitching at the guy who test drove it and he gave me this story about how he had to test it.. the guy right before i left gave me this look like he just beat the shit outfmo y car.. i will never do business witht h em either.. they blow
Old 03-05-2008, 07:18 PM

calling corporate tomorrow and going in to talk to the GM
Old 03-05-2008, 07:35 PM

You all just need to come to honda off ottawa, and I will make it my job to make sure you all get treated and serviced right! haha
Old 03-05-2008, 07:38 PM

Along with Schaumburg Honda they're two of the worst Honda dealers in the Chicagoland... If you're anywhere near Lisle try Honda of Lisle. They're not cheap but they are pretty honest on stuff you ask them to check on your stook. Also, they don't abuse customers cars and you could request to ride along when they test drive your car. Hope that helps.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:39 PM

Along with Schaumburg Honda they're two of the worst Honda dealers in the Chicagoland... If you're anywhere near Lisle try Honda of Lisle. They're not cheap but they are pretty honest on stuff you ask them to check on your stook. Also, they don't abuse customers cars and you could request to ride along when they test drive your car. Hope that helps.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:39 PM

im right next to des plaines its 10 min away so it was just trying to be convenient .. i shouldn't have even gone but i tried to fix the problem myself now twice and just thought maybe i needed new longer screws or something, and i just really lost all faith in bringing any car to a dealership unless i know someone there. My dad is best friends with the GM of Patrick BMW in Schaumberg and my brother brings his m3 there (quite often haha) but he says the service manger is the one who writes the mileage in and out and they have a zero tolerance of abuse like this.

It just pisses me off that they screw around with someone who buys a $30,000 car. i mean if they want to be taken seriously than what gives it looks bad for them and the brand
Old 03-05-2008, 09:24 PM

luckily, at the honda dealer I work at, the techs could care less about racing around in sports cars. One is all into trucks and stock car racing, another has 3 kids, and could just care less.

Sucks when dealerships treat customer cars like that.

If I were you, I would report them to the Better Business Bureau. Dealers hate that shit, and do almost anything to avoid dealing with it. When they get reported, it's normally bad news for that dealer.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:02 AM

i like the BBB claim free award they have posted

http://www.oharehonda.com/

Quick Reply: O'Hare Honda