Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

NASA Autocross Meet!

Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default NASA Autocross Meet!

I haven't posted in a while partially because I've been busy organizing NASA's (National Auto Sport Association) Autocross program. We have our event in 2 weeks and I'm REALLY excited with the progress we've made. I hope that all of you can join. Mention you saw this post on S2ki and I'll get you $10 off your first event. I'd really like to make this an S2000 meet as well.

You can Pre-Register here: Saturday Sunday

NASA-X Benefits

1/2 day events - our events are split up into a morning event and an afternoon event - each with at 6 runs MINIMUM. No promises, but I'm expecting you'll get more (dependent on turnout). We are capping the number of participants, starting early, and trying to be super efficient to give you as many runs as we can. You can choose to run morning, afternoon, or both. We thought that would help those who either have work in the afternoon, like to sleep in, or just don't have the time to spend an entire day racing.

Opt out of your work session. - some days you just don't want to work. You'll have the option not to for $15.

Highly competitive classing - this is my favorite. It's similar to Forza Basically you start off with a base class and all your mods are assigned a point value. After a certain number of points, you move up from your base class to a higher class. Sounds complicated at first, but it makes sense once you start going through the rules. I can definitely help classing S2000's. The benefit of this is 1 small mod won't pit you against a fully prepped Corvette. You're free to mod as you like and end up in a class that suits your car.

Live Timing - Just got this working! Check your best times or see all your times LIVE from any web browser or at our display at the hospitality area.

Fun Runs - The afternoon is scheduled to end at 5pm. But the organizers (myself included) are obsessed with racing so the course will be open for fun runs until it gets dark or they kick us out

Rental Car - Did your car take a crap you don't want to race a rental Dodge Avenger from Hertz? Rent our 2005 Mazda RX8 for $10 a run! (Must be rented for an entire heat).

Pricing
Pre-Registered NASA Members - $30
Pre-Registered Non-Members - $40
On Site registration - $5 extra
Register for both sessions at an event and the second is only $25.

List
-----------
patinum (6/30 am and pm, 7/1 am and pm)
Old 06-18-2012, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patinum
Rental Car - Did your car take a crap you don't want to race a rental Dodge Avenger from Hertz? Rent our 2005 Mazda RX8 for $10 a run! (Must be rented for an entire heat).
what you did there...i see it.

List
-----------
patinum (6/30 am and pm, 7/1 am and pm)
z_speed (tentative 7/1) I might just come and spectate sunday. Blame stupid friends having baby showers and crap on saturday.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:49 AM

BTW the unofficial name of this event is

"Hey, NASA-X is new. And this is crazy. So put on your numbers. And Autox Maybe?"
Old 06-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Well since Dot is good then im 90% sure ill be there. Just gotta get paid in time. So if I have your card and pre-register its 30$ right?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:32 PM

So if I am a NANSA MEMBER, pre register, mention I saw this on s2ki, and use your card, I only pay 10 dollars?
Old 06-19-2012, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by jeggy
So if I am a NASA MEMBER, pre register, mention I saw this on s2ki, and use your card, I only pay 10 dollars?
Can only use $10 off once - so $20. Really, my card and the s2ki mention is the same thing...just feel bad since I haven't been to a lot of meets to see everyone and give them my card.

For those of you that aren't NASA members yet, you can get free membership if you run a NASA track day and have a referral. NASA has a track event at Autobahn country club in July. So get yourself a membership, come to the autox and save money, then go to Autobahn with my (or jeggy's) referral card and your membership is free.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:06 PM

Noob question: the tech sheet says roll bar for convertibles, is that needed for s2k? The only parts that are not stock for me are intake, wheels, and exhaust.

Also, I am running different tires on front and rear, will that be an issue?

Thanks.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

And I have a question
On trackmidwest it says numbers are 20$ while on the NASA website it says their 3$ each, which is it? Also can I use tape for numbers?
Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by djunzwang
Noob question: the tech sheet says roll bar for convertibles, is that needed for s2k? The only parts that are not stock for me are intake, wheels, and exhaust.

Also, I am running different tires on front and rear, will that be an issue?

Thanks.
Roll bars for convertibles aren't required. But existing roll bars must be properly installed are not damaged or dangerous.

Running different tires front and rear usually don't result in optimal handling, but you'll still have a lot of fun and won't be a safety issue (unless you have race compounds up front and winter tires in back lol).
Old 06-20-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Danwolski
And I have a question
On trackmidwest it says numbers are 20$ while on the NASA website it says their 3$ each, which is it? Also can I use tape for numbers?
Track midwest info is kinda old. I believe the final pricing is $5 each, 4 digits for $15, or 6 digits for $20. I'll get the chief to fix the sites(s). Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, you can use tape for your numbers. $15 really is a good deal though.

Quick Reply: NASA Autocross Meet!