Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

NAIAS

Old 01-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default NAIAS

I never miss the North American International Auto Show (I'm sure I've been to more than 20 consecutive shows), but this year I'm probably the least excited I've ever been about it. Has anyone been to any of the preview days yet? Anything really worth checking out? I'd like to go first thing tomorrow morning, but I don't think my schedule is going to allow for it.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamron' date='Jan 16 2009, 09:46 AM
I never miss the North American International Auto Show (I'm sure I've been to more than 20 consecutive shows), but this year I'm probably the least excited I've ever been about it. Has anyone been to any of the preview days yet? Anything really worth checking out? I'd like to go first thing tomorrow morning, but I don't think my schedule is going to allow for it.
Yeah same here but I'll b e going Wednesday.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,882 Likes on 2,089 Posts

I went 2 years ago, too many people and couldn't get close enough to the cars that mattered to me. I doubt I'll go this year, unless I can go during the week.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by sw05s2k' date='Jan 16 2009, 10:19 AM
I went 2 years ago, too many people and couldn't get close enough to the cars that mattered to me. I doubt I'll go this year, unless I can go during the week.
Yeah, I hate it when it's too crowded. In my experience, if you're standing in line when the doors open, and you're relatively efficient you can beat the crowd and see everything (even on the weekends). Even late at night is no good, because there are plenty of people that stop in after work in Detroit.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm - well i'm actually working it - doing detailing for lexus and subaru

here is a related thread i started, and will be adding pics to soon:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry15113272

so far it's been ok. main thing with this one compared to years past (realize i haven't been home to go to the NAIAS for about 4 or 5 years) is that the cars are much more realistic - things that will or could come out within the next few years. there are a number of interesting new cars there, and i found information on the new insight to be cool, and the lexus hybrid-only car looks like it'll b a winner (tho looks like a big corolla).

i think the black tie is tonight, and general admission starts tomorrow. i've been there since last friday/saturday and it's been tiring, but i'm enjoying it overall.

if anything makes me wish doing REAL detailing / cleaning my car even more
Old 01-16-2009, 11:19 AM

oh and i'll also be working today/tomorrow afternoon/evening. i'll try to let u guys know what i see when it comes to crowds. my guess is during the day during the week will be the best time to go though. any time its not usual work hours should b good
Old 01-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Marc, thanks for that link, your photos are sweet!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,882 Likes on 2,089 Posts

I agree, great shots

Maybe I'll play "sick" next week and go check it out.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:10 PM

^ ha ha! right on fellas.

i have more photo's to upload that i've been lazy about, but i figure since i'll be working for quite a few hours tomorrow (12-?), i'll be taking some pics then to include some of the things i've missed. pics already waiting to be uploaded are of the m3, z4 hardtop, the new honda insight, a benz hybrid concept, and a bentley convertable along with some others.

if you guys are interested in any more info about the show just ask, and i'll do my best. i wish there was some way to be able to get you guys tickets, or at least discounted tix, but i can't even land some for me and my fam!

hope to see you guys at the show sometime
Old 01-19-2009, 06:02 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

I did go on Saturday morning. It's a smaller show than it's been in a long while. It was actually pretty quiet on Saturday morning which was nice. I left my house at 8:15 a.m. and was home at 11:15 a.m. and feel like I saw everything. That 1/8 mile track in the basement seems a little strange to me...

Quick Reply: NAIAS