Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

My CEL light is blinking, car is not running smooth :(

Old 05-04-2004, 02:08 PM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

This can make sense...I may be way off base but here goes anyway:

One major misfire, or multiple misfires in a row set off knock sensors...ECU goes into safe mode. Motor gets extra gas to keep cool.

Who is your friend...I may have to make him mine. It seems that he was able to tear the motor apart, diagnose, and reassemble pretty quickly. I need to know people like that!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

his Polsih (what else )
The shop is located on milwaukee ave. in Niles and called Niles Quality, they did work on another s2000 with blown motor(took them lot of hours, something like 500) but they did good job on it, car dynoed aroun 250 whp.
Theyre good guys, dont speak too much english, but theyre honest

The best part for all that I didnt paid anything, I love these ppl!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 02:27 PM

Oh and BTW they did all my instalations including: reinforced differential, cusco 2-way, rear axle...everything
Old 05-04-2004, 04:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear that!!! Lets have a meet this thursday, i miss u guys.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:07 PM

I had the same problem. I got blinking CEL at idle. Very rough idling.

Checked DTC and had misfire on cyclinder #4. Swapped the ignition coil and it followed the ignition coil.

Replaced it with a new one, and now purs like a kitten.

Check your plugs and coils. They seem to go out easy.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:39 AM

I work over at MotorWerks in Barrington, I am bias, but I feel we have the best service dept any where. Drop me a line if you have not taken car of your problem, I will help if I can

Kengel

kengelbrecht@motorwerks.com
Old 05-12-2004, 07:49 AM

After three years of service at Motorwerks, I FINALLY found something to complain about....and I called Elliot on it as well.

It was quite minor...I had a coil pack issue on my #3 cylinder; it broke in the cylinder. Motorwerks fixed it accordingly and replaced all four coil packs. In the process, whoever the tech was, when he replaced the valve cover, he reused 3 ripped spark plug seals. There was some sludge build up in the three gulleys, but no harm...the oil sludge was insulated from the ignition tip of the spark plug by the threading.

With Harry's ingeniuity, he helped clean out the gulleys. I fit in new seals to the valve cover, replaced the spark plugs, and all is well.

In the many visits, and anal retentive probing on my part to the work done on my car at Motorwerks, I am very, very happy that this is the only thing I have to complain about!!!

Motorwerks Honda service is really #1 in my book and will always get referrals from me.

....now Motorwerks BMW service, I have a few choice words and opinions for them.

Next time I come in, Kengel, I'll have to make it a point to come out and meet you. BTW, does Steve Kioutis still work there (did you know that his brother works over at Schaumburg Honda)?
Old 05-12-2004, 07:51 AM

Radzio,

Is your car still running smoothly...any new CEL indications?
Old 05-12-2004, 09:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Email sent.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:55 AM

yeah I know steve, I heard his bro works at Schaumburg. He drives an M3 and is pretty proud of it.

Ludder, did you know the tech that worked on your car? We had to fire a tech for some problems, shorting jobs and not showing up to work. When you are in, ask ed or elliot to have Doug work on your car he is a great tech, and has been here the longest. If you are ever in, come on up to the showroom and say HI, show me your car, I can show you some shit too.

I am hopefully getting an 01 S2K that I just took in on trade, and sold last year before that. 01, black on black with 15k on it. I have to wait because I just bought my fiance a CR-V, so they are making me wait to see if we can make some doe on this car.

I am trying to sneak out on Thursday and meet you all at fuddruckers with the used S2K, but it does not look like I can.

PS My name is Kurt, just ask for me any day but thursday's

Quick Reply: My CEL light is blinking, car is not running smooth :(