Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

MWB Presents "The Gathering"

Old 04-27-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MWB Presents "The Gathering"

Midwest Best is pleased to announce our first gathering of the year. This meet will do something no one in Chicago that we know of has done before. We are inviting all of the major websites/forums/clubs/teams in the Chicago-land area and tri-state area in for a larger gathering/meet. The meet is being produced to further the strength of the community as a whole and bring together all types of cars and people that have a similar interest and have some fun.

The meet is slated in for Saturday May 5th from 8pm till midnight. For those of you that have been to our gathering before this one will be held in the same location in unincorperated Naperville. We have listed address, maps and directions below to help any attendees. As far as we are concerned the meet date will not change unless weather plays a major role. If we do have to postpone the date of the meet it will be moved to the very next Saturday which May 12th and will run at the same times.

For those of you that have attended our last meet you know that we have more then enough room to host at maximum of 400 cars. Yes, we said 400 cars. Let me explain how it works. Midwest Best has our old shop on the outskirts of Naperville, IL where this meet is being held. The shop was simply a large warehouse type of garage that we worked out of. Now this warehouse is used to store our project cars and sometimes used as a spill over for cars that we need space for. The warehouse is sitting on a 15 acre plot of land that is extremely well kept. The land IS NOT PAVED. I know this might turn some of you off but I assure you that the land is dry, flat and very durable. I have driven the MWB RX7 which is lowered through out the entire site and had zero problems clearing anywhere. We have run numerous meets in this location and NEVER had any type of problem. We apologize that we cannot get a large paved lot but we own this land and it gives us the power to control whats going on, keep security on-site, and keep police and other authorities from breaking up the meet.

As far as on-site goes we are encurage websites/forums/clubs/teams to bring out your tail gating gear. This means we will allow all types of BBQ's, Food and drinks to be brought out for your group. For those of you that have come to prior meets you know that the atmosphere that is present during the meets is extremely loose and a lot of fun. We will have a bonfire, music and lighting set up when you arrive. The two major bull pens for cars will be laid out on a overhead photo for you all to see prior to the meet. We suggest you either come as a team or send a few cars early to block off the area you would like your team or site to be at so you can all be close to each other. We will have a on-going list of cars confirmed for the meet updated everyday for all to see. Last time we ran event like this we had over 170 cars signed up.

We will allow:
1. Banners/Signs to promote your site/forum/team/club.
2. BBQ's and Food
3. Music and models (Models = fun for all hehe)
4. Lights of any kind
5. Give aways or promotions (shops, teams, clubs, websites and so on)

We will not allow:
1. No Alcohol. (I know I would like to sit back and have a few beers myself but cars and alcohol don't mix.)
2. No Racing. (We don't promote or condone street racing but what you do on the 4 lane road right outside of the meet is your business.)
3. No Fighting. (You fight you will be handled by the security that is on-site and removed from the event. In addition you will no longer be invited to any MWB organized event from there on out.)
4. No Morons. (Do not show up to our meet and do things like drive like a moron in and out of the meet. That means no burn-outs or anything of that sort.)
5. No Problems. (We are bringing all the sites/forums/teams/clubs together to bring the community closer not further the void that is already in place. Just get along with everyone else and be friendly. If you have a problem with someone else leave because we don't need it on-site.)

This announcement is being posted on numerous forums around the area. If you have a site you would like to be involved with the event please post it in this post and we will make sure that site is updated on whats going on.

The address of the meet will be released Thursday May 5th so that their aren't tons of cars going to the location prior to the meet. If for some reason you MUST have the address prior to that date please write one of the MWB members and they will hear your case.

WEBSITES/CLUBS/TEAMS/
If their is something special you would like to do on-site or need power to a certain area for something please contact me with the info and I will make sure your taken care of. In addition if you know for a fact 20+ cars are coming from your site and would like a certain area blocked off for your group please write me as well.

More info about the meet will be updated when ever we have it. Please check back regularly so you are up to date on everything. DO NOT confirm you are coming unless you are for sure coming. We will be keeping a updated list and we would like to be as accurate as possible.

Confirmed Attendees:
1. MWB|Chris - RX7
2. Kunal aka incognito - Evo
3. MWB|Craig - Evo
4. WRXEffects - WRX
5. Spicerack4 - Eclipse
6. DaKing - RX8
7. Gojo4 - Stealth
8. MWB|Sara - Eclipse
9. JDMB20TDA - Civic
10. Z0lt0n - BMW
11. DanDAman - Civic
12. MonsterMiata - Miata
13. M3_MadBimmer - M3 BMW
14. vw18t - VW
15. illroler - S2000
16. CurtisCup - M3
17. Jason1Up - A4
18. MikeyGGG5 - G35
19. Ryanii - GTP
20. Jimmies - Stang
21. 16gKid - Eclipse
22. MWB - Bryan - SRT4
23. Filmweed - 3000GT
24. Boosted95Elantra - 4G63
25. Mikeyvuitton - Civic
26. EduardoV - 911
27. Korin - RX8
28. MV'sboy - A4
29. doctornick - S2000
30. r0Nd3l - VW
31. LSixer - BMW
32. TurboTSI97 - DSM
33. JDMCB4 - Civic
34. JDMDA - integra
35. SentraB14 - Sentra
36. November - GSR
37. Ginz111 - Z4
38. aeb6b4 - Honda
39. AW-Larry - 6 Series BMW
40. AW-Ron - Benz
41. Ricky - Civic
42. Jeremy187 - DSM
43. da6_tegra - Integra
44. Boost Junkie - <3 <3 <3
45. NicktheStick - Civic
46. ER34 - R34
47. Bummin240sx - 240sx
48. Monkeykarma - something
49. Crawlin2vGT - Mustang
50. Redline8k - S2000
51. litespan - S2000
52. Shifthard - S2000
53. SHFriend - unknown
54. Jeggy - S2000
55. BoostinDSM - Civic or DSM
56. Chicago_DSM - DSM
57. Chris_GS - DSM
58. CGSFriend - Unknown
59. 99_GSR - Integra
60. Kamasutra - DSM w/idle Surge
61. Boostin240 - 240
62. Batman - Monte Carlo
63. TheWife - Mercedes
64. Curtis - M3
65. CurtisFriend - A4
66. CIVIC SI OD - Civic
67. EricGG3 - G35
68. MikeyW - G35
69. Miljan3-G35c
70. shift_Jpn1 - Civic
71. Nisshoku - Galant
72. jeggyFRND - Civic
73. Harley - A4
74. ookimchiboyoo - Civic
75. Randall - 350Z
76. Stampy aka chopliver - EVO
77. evilchipmunk - s2000
78. ZuperVinn - 350z

Mods: Illroller asked me to post this here. I hope this is ok.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:51 AM

you can put me down for a maybe that is, if there is still time after my meet in the city. where is the address or map?

I think it would be a good idea to block a good area off for all the s2k's from this site to park. It always looks nice to have a bunch of s2k's all together
Old 04-27-2007, 12:09 PM

The address will be released on Thursday. The meet is in Naperville near 59 and 111th out near the mall. I will make sure to keep room for S2000's together but I will need more to sign up before I can confirm that. First day of release though so shouldn't be a problem.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:20 PM

damn....all these chicago meets. Wisconsin sucks......
Old 04-27-2007, 12:29 PM

Let's do this!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:09 PM

hey doctornick, why not have the LSD meet/cruise end at this place?
kinda like finish up the LSD drive and head straight to naperville and roll in with all the S2K's that just got done with a day long cruise.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:38 PM

im in...i'll be there in the S maybe bring a few others
Old 04-27-2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by jeggy,Apr 27 2007, 05:09 PM
hey doctornick, why not have the LSD meet/cruise end at this place?
kinda like finish up the LSD drive and head straight to naperville and roll in with all the S2K's that just got done with a day long cruise.
yeah thats what i plan on doing, shouldnt be a prob just keeping in mind if it does go all night. Theres always lots of funs things to do and go to at night in chicago. Im going to edit my post for the lsd meet to include this afterwards; it might sway some more people in going. Anyways put me on the list.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:30 AM

Liste Updated!
Old 04-29-2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny--2K,Apr 27 2007, 02:20 PM
damn....all these chicago meets. Wisconsin sucks......
Yes Wisconsin sucks.... We know that Johnny.....

Im coming for sure....

Patrick

Quick Reply: MWB Presents "The Gathering"