Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

KBAB Tech Day Sat March 27th

Old 03-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in for an early drive as well. I'm trying to get as much stuff done before then so I can help. I took too much garage/barn time last year because someone *cough*Garrison*cough* was blocking me in . BTW - I'll be sure to bring the 23mm box wrench that's required to do the diff fluid change. 24mm for the drain bolt but 23mm for the fill bolt...really Honda?...really?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id love to do a valve adjustment....maybe even upgrade to the AP2 springs/retainers...but i have no idea how to do this, nor the tools.

I do have tools/jackstands (6 or 8)/low pro jack and a small air compressor i can bring along with $ for food.

If anyone there is up for a task LMK and I'm in
Old 03-15-2010, 02:24 PM

Knowledgeispower
I think others are getting valve adjustments. Springs can be done also.
Feel free to bring tools/jackstands and jack. No need for compressor though. I have that covered.

The earlier people show up the more things will get done.
Starts at 10:am

I will post up the best directions with as little bumps a couple days before hand.

Follow my directions or be prepared for some bumpy roads. But many have driven the bumpy was so its not like its so bad.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patinum,Mar 15 2010, 12:23 PM
I'm in for an early drive as well. I'm trying to get as much stuff done before then so I can help. I took too much garage/barn time last year because someone *cough*Garrison*cough* was blocking me in .

I'm also in for an early drive up.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by KnowledgeIsPower,Mar 15 2010, 12:26 PM
id love to do a valve adjustment....maybe even upgrade to the AP2 springs/retainers...but i have no idea how to do this, nor the tools.

I do have tools/jackstands (6 or 8)/low pro jack and a small air compressor i can bring along with $ for food.

If anyone there is up for a task LMK and I'm in
i've done retainers once before and i don't recomend attempting them at a tech day unless done by someone thats done it a few times and have down to a science.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeggy,Mar 15 2010, 09:30 PM
i've done retainers once before and i don't recomend attempting them at a tech day unless done by someone thats done it a few times and have down to a science.
I can do this but it is time consuming and you need compressed air.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guys this is what I can bring: fender roller, one man brake bleeder. Tools. I need to know what is needed I am not hauling my tools around anymore.

So I have jack stands (4) that I will donate to kieths garage I never use them and there are in storage.

What else???
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey Will, glad to see you're gonna be in attendance for this one!

I'm thinking of doing a quick valve adjustment, I know Honda makes a specific tool for that task, do you have one of those laying around? No worries either way but I hear it makes the job a lot easier.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chazzguitar,Mar 16 2010, 05:10 AM
Hey Will, glad to see you're gonna be in attendance for this one!

I'm thinking of doing a quick valve adjustment, I know Honda makes a specific tool for that task, do you have one of those laying around? No worries either way but I hear it makes the job a lot easier.
Me too please!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:58 AM

thanks for the replies guys! After reading your replies it appears there is the ability to get it done (tools and knowledgable people) but i dont want to take up too much time as i have never done this and will benefit from another set of eyes/hands.

If people are specifically saying they can help switch retainers/keepers LMK - i Will order today and get my tools ready!

Also, it appears you need a special tool- Hondamanwill - do you have this if your willing to help?

Thanks

Quick Reply: KBAB Tech Day Sat March 27th