Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

just needing to vent

Old 02-07-2005, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just needing to vent

ok guys...this is gonna hit a nerve but I just need to vent....

i suppose you have heard on the news about the local guy who committed suicide and took his little 2 yr old son with him...well he was a good friend of mine

I only heard the news this morning and as you can imagine was completely shocked. But I am having a really hard time trying to understand why he would do such a thing.

Amongst that circle of friends everyone seems to be so understanding of the situation saying he must have had real problems etc etc....

however I seem to be (one of) the only ones who has some form of anger towards him for what he did. I am just of the opinion that he had a choice...his son didnt and for that I cannot forgive/understand/sypathize at all

I dont know why I am posting....just needing to vent seeing as people are questioning my judgement on this one

I dont expect anyone to post on this but feel free to do so if you wish.

Thanks guys
Old 02-07-2005, 03:46 PM

Wow! I hadnt heard about this....thats awful.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I hadn't heard about it either.

I'm with you on this. The child had no choice. Pretty selfish on the father's part.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lee,

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I feel like you do, that you always have a choice. It may not be easy to face the music, but that would be my choice.

Bob
Old 02-07-2005, 04:20 PM

no offence but i am NOT sorry for your friend at all!!!!!!

i am most sorry for the son and the rest of the family who had their time with him cut short with him by a SELFISH SON OF A *ITCH....

sorry but i have ABSOLUTLY no respect or sympathy for tose who take their own lives, and most of all take others in the process

my condolences to the family of the little boy...they are in my prayers

donnie
Old 02-07-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Being mad at the person who took their own life is a normal reaction. As rational people we can't help but get mad at someone taking that course of action. But, on the other hand you can not apply rational thinking to someone who was clearly irrational in their thinking and expect to understand why. It is truly sad he took the young child too. His friends and relatives have my sympathy.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:44 PM
naseeb

Lee,

I'm with you.

His selfishness has left many hearts empty.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:05 PM

So sorry to hear that..... this is just awful.

K
p.s. Donnie, sorry I couldn't make it to the outing last time.... guess I still owe you a beer
Old 02-07-2005, 08:11 PM

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear about that, there is something to be said, about peoples fear to take someone else with them when they die. It's fear, and selfishness.

I am always to first one to say, that there is a reason behind it, it just may have been thier time, regardless of how it may seem.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:55 PM

thanks guys for all your responses....

there's obviously a lot to the story but I still think he was an asshole for doing what he did - im not mad at him for committing suicide because that was his choice - im just mad that he took the kid with him.

for the record the police are listing it as a homicide/suicide and he had threatened to do this on several occasions in the past (i just found out today).

thanks again for your input - I though I was the only one with some thought of the boy.

Quick Reply: just needing to vent