Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Interested in Michigan Meet????

Old 05-08-2001, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I am going to throw another Michigan meet and see how is the popularity of such a gethering. I have two proposal for the board.

One is on Saturday. We all gather in Kart2Kart and have a race or two and all go down cruising on Lake Shore drive and take some group pictures. The day will end in dinner at Eddies at the north end of Lake Shore Drive (where all the hot rod show up).

Or, We all meet some Sunday morning to play in AutoX with Corvette club and take some pics at the AutoX.

Now, the date will be either 5-19 (SAT) or 5-20 (SUN). Let's all vote and see which one is more feasible or if not enough popularity of these sort of event, I will forget about it.
Old 05-09-2001, 08:54 AM

I'll vote for the Sunday (20th) Auto-X event. The guy that parks next to me in my carport has a Vette and keeps telling me to come out to a CCM Auto-X.

Besides, there is that trip to Ohio on Saturday the 19th that has been discussed, I kinda wanted to do that..

Sounds like an S2K weekend!

Where is this Auto-X Sunday?

Keith
Old 05-11-2001, 08:16 PM

Received 5,317 Likes on 3,162 Posts

Stealthy, thanks for taking the initiative in organizing something. Your idea is good; however, I for one haven't a clue as to (1) what's Kart2Kart, (2) where's Lake Shore Drive, (3) where or what's Eddies. If we were from Ann Arbor we would probably know the answer - but since we are not.... I keep wondering were's there a lake near Ann Arbor?

Personally, I like your idea of meeting in MI rather than driving to OH and back. And a senic drive and dinner sounds good too. More info and advance notice, at least for the first get-together may be needed. I think you're on the right track with a low-key first time meeting. All that's needed is a place to kick tires, shot the bull, and drum up interest for a second meeting or event. Good luck. I'll try to make it where-ever it is. These are great cars and it would be nice to make some great friends to go with 'em.
Old 05-11-2001, 09:37 PM

Sorry,

All the locations that I describe are north of Detroit and 50 miles east of Ann Arbor. Those of you that live in North Detroit Suburban, you can skip the middle chunk of the message.

Kart2Kart is a indoor go kart track that we have in North of Detroit. You can go to http://www.kart2kart.com to check out their track layout and format.

Lake Shore Drive is a 4 lane (2 lane each direction) street right next to Lake St. Clair. Beautiful scenary and huge houses next the road.

Eddies is a drive in hamberger join where lots of hot rod or Hot cars goes to. I often see Ferraris there.

dlq04, Sine you live in Jackson. If you want to join us, I am sure you can come to Ann Arbor and we can drive together to Kart2Kart.

I was thinking that if weather permits. We all go to Kart2Kart around 1PM to race some go Kart. When the weather is worm outside, we can take a drive down Lake Shore Drive and view the scenary with some of us. And, the day end in bergers in Eddies where I am sure lots of people will creap up to us and talk about more cars.

This should be fun. I know there is a lot of you here in Michigan. I think most of you are going to OH that day. For the rest of us that don't want to drive down too far. You can join us if you are free.

If there is any more question, please post it. I will try to sort out the difference as soon as possible.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:04 AM

Looks like no one is interested. I guess I would forget about it. Anyone who is interested to race, I will be AutoXing with the Vett club on Sunday. It is at GM Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly on I-94 & I-75 North East Corner. Hope to see some of you guys there. I know there is one Porsche Boxter in our class. Although, he is no match to our car. It should be fun to test your car skill against a Porsche.

If you are interested to race, please come by before 10:30. or, you will be on the sideline watch us having fun. For directions, please PM me.
Old 05-16-2001, 04:24 PM

Count me in for the AutoX! See you there! Should we meet in A2 and caravan out there?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stealthy_S2K
[B]Looks like no one is interested.
Old 05-19-2001, 03:45 AM

Received 5,317 Likes on 3,162 Posts

This weekend doesn't work out for me -- hopefully, the Michigan group can get something going. Thanks for trying.