Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Indianapolis S2000 People

Old 02-23-2002, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was GREAT meeting all of you today! Wish I could have gone along for the ride!
As promised, I put some pix up for you all to see - I'm sure y'all will have more to add.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/s2k/s2ki/S2Kmeet.htm

Later,
Sheri
Old 02-23-2002, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sheri
[B]It was GREAT meeting all of you today!
Old 02-23-2002, 05:56 PM

The section of 135 AFTER Nashville was incredible. The first half of the day was like a leisurely drive on 465 compared to the second half. Definitely an incredible drive! Wish you guys could have gone. Seth and I lost crockey and Indys2k somehow. We waited up the road for twenty minutes or so but they never showed. We think they turned onto 58 East headed back to 65. We ran across a Z3 but he didnt want to play and as a matter of fact he held up traffic. The turns on the second half were much more frequent and a lot faster. Seth and I turned on one road around a corner and Crockey and Indys2k blew right past the road. That will give you an idea of how fast this road was. Very hilly and the turns were banked a bit which made it even faster. A lot less gravel and almost no traffic as well. I hope we can get together again when it gets warmer and maybe run that section again.
Aaron
Old 02-23-2002, 06:00 PM

Oh and thanks Bob for the detailing tips. I wish the NSX would have shown. It would have been cool to see what it could do. I also forgot to mention that Seth and I got chased by a guy in a big Buick. We passed him and I dont think he was happy about it. He couldnt keep up of course but it was funny.
Old 02-23-2002, 06:37 PM

Received 5,799 Likes on 3,418 Posts

No tops down? I thought you Hoosiers were tough?

Great to see you all have things together down there. The photo's really show the difference in the old and new silver.
Old 02-23-2002, 09:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry that I couldn't make it. I would have loved to be there, but ever since late Thursday I have been so busy that I have barely had time to do anything. This is the first opportunity that I have had to be on this forum. Halfway through the day I thought, "SHOOT! I should be in Indy right now". I would really like to meet you guys though, so I hope you do this again sometime.
Old 02-23-2002, 10:24 PM

hey, maybe we should try to organize something for the Woodward dream cruise in september. If we could get 50 or more S2's for that we could make a pretty strong showing. I think we could round up quite a few from here then if we could get 9 in February.

For all of you that don't know, the Woodward Dream Cruise is Michigan and there is an unbeliveable amount of cars that cruise this street for the weekend. I'll get some more info from dad who goes every year.

Oh yeah today was awesome, i'm ready to do it again!
Old 02-24-2002, 06:40 AM

We saw 2 S2Ks heading south on I65 (they saw us too) after we left Nashville and went North to the outlet mall in Columbus (I think). I'm not sure who it was, one was yellow and I think the other was black or red. At that point I was driving Eric's RX-7. That thing goes without any effort at all! I thought people were going home when they left Nashville, or we probably would have kept driving with you.

-B
Old 02-24-2002, 07:42 AM

The reason that I lost you guys is because I wrecked my car. I am fine, but the car is not. I took one of those near 90 degree turns a little to fast.........and the tail hit a fence post. I think I hit one of those patches of gravel, then I got into the ditch and hit the post. Luckily I gained control and got back on the road. Mostly right rear quarter panel damage. The RM racing spoiler is trashed, and the front needs some work too. I big thanks to IndyS2K for sticking with me. He followed and made sure I was alright, and then we made the trip back to Indy..........I owe you one.
Now, onto business. I wanted to ask you guys if there is any body shops that you recommend. I was wondering if the Honda dealership would be good, or someplace else. I have good insurance, and I think I will "tweak" the story a little so the rates don't go up to bad (I think a deer jumped in front of me, or someone cut me off. Which sounds better?) Any advice would help. I need the S back in time for spring break in April........................
Old 02-24-2002, 07:43 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
[B]No tops down?

Quick Reply: Indianapolis S2000 People