Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Illinios and Wisconsin Lake Geneva Meet June 5th

Old 05-27-2010, 07:33 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Pruhnke,May 19 2010, 11:11 AM
Just a suggestion but have you ever thought of Fontana or Williams Bay as a meeting place. There is a lot more space out that way for cars and such.
Last year's "B-fast and drive to Lake Geneva" meet, we ended up in that area at a water park hotel that hosted us last minute VERY nicely.

They appreciated our business like no other has in the past couple of years of Thurs. and Sat. meets and was interested in us doing buisness with them again.

They treated us great, allowed us to take over their parking lot for quite awhile after we finished lunch, gave us a discount on food (which was good and not too expensive to begin with)...
Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luder94,May 27 2010, 09:33 AM
Last year's "B-fast and drive to Lake Geneva" meet, we ended up in that area at a water park hotel that hosted us last minute VERY nicely.

They appreciated our business like no other has in the past couple of years of Thurs. and Sat. meets and was interested in us doing buisness with them again.

They treated us great, allowed us to take over their parking lot for quite awhile after we finished lunch, gave us a discount on food (which was good and not too expensive to begin with)...
I'd love to go there again, they were incredibly hospitable.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:10 PM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by K1ngfunK,May 27 2010, 12:33 PM
I'd love to go there again, they were incredibly hospitable.
Don't worry, the '2nd annual Breakfast and Lake Geneva' meet will happen. Probably around the same time as last year. I'll make sure we hit up that restaurant for a late lunch like we did then, this time I'll call ahead so they hopefully won't be surprised by us.

BTW, wife is still talking about it...she's still talking about how she liked that IBMcpa 'estrogened-up' and cleaned the kitchen before we left. There was some comment about her getting pointers from his wife regarding he being trained so well.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for the WI owners side.

Where exactly are we meeting? I need an address since I just moved here that I can pop in my gps.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:15 PM

The wisconsin people are meeting at my house
1681 wisconsin st unit 3
Sturtevant Wi 53177

Try and get here at 10:30.

PM me if anyone needs my cell or any more directions.

Ill people K1ngfunk is taking over for Pat so follow his directions. I PM'd him so he should be posting up.

We should all meet at Lake Geneva at 1ish. Then if theres interest and time we can do some driving there (snake river rd) then eat.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:39 PM

Alrighty folks, as Keith said, I'll be taking care of leading the IL caravan crew. This is the part where you slap your palm against your face and sigh "Oh dear God..."

That being said:

Meet 1:
Place: Starbucks on the South-West Corner of the Intersection of IL-64 (North Ave) and IL-59 (Nethnor Blvd, but we all know it as 59).
Arrival Time: 10:00 am
Roll-Out Time: 10:30 am

The cars should be easy to see from the intersection, and that way we can grab some coffee or w/e to keep us up.

I will have the second meet location (Somewhere in Algonquin along the route that I don't have access at this moment, plan on getting there around 11:30) posted shortly. Also, I plan on having printed copies of the route to hand out that day, as well as PM'ing everyone my number and digital copies of the route.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:05 AM

This is going to sound incredibly random, but could anyone attending this meet (I would imagine someone from WI) give me a ride up to St. Paul, MN to pick up an s2k?

If you can, PM me or text me if you have my number.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by K1ngfunK,May 31 2010, 09:05 AM
This is going to sound incredibly random, but could anyone attending this meet (I would imagine someone from WI) give me a ride up to St. Paul, MN to pick up an s2k?

Yay!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by K1ngfunK,May 31 2010, 07:05 AM

welcome back to the fun side

and i think ill be going too, fun drives are to scarce to pass up in this state
Old 05-31-2010, 11:21 AM

I actually have a different request:

Since I'll be providing maps to everyone ahead of time, would someone ELSE be willing to lead the cruise, allowing me to show up in Lake Geneva fashionably on-time?

Quick Reply: Illinios and Wisconsin Lake Geneva Meet June 5th