Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Holy Smokes its 70 and humid here.

Old 01-18-2005, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy Smokes its 70 and humid here.

I was driving on Intestate 95 in a convertible Eclipse (rental) and it rained on me

Once minute it was sunny and the next its raining.

Yes I am in the wonderful state of Florida for the next week.

Stay warm folks
Old 01-18-2005, 11:48 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Go blow it out your hole!!!! I hope you get back in time for the snow activity we're expected to get this next week!

All kidding aside, have fun in the weather....it'll be a long time we get that back here in the Midwest (my guess for this year is that the cold will break mid-April).
Old 01-18-2005, 01:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Uh yea urmil you need to shutup.

Mid april my ass im praying for end of Feb!!

have fun in Florida, cuz just remember when you get back your snot is gnna freeze trying to catch a cab home from Ohare.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:12 PM

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Asshole, bring some warm weather back if you are any type of guy.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:52 AM

I will bring back warmer weather, but that wont be for another week and a half.

And after being here for two days I am convinced most of the state consists of NYC Refugees. Everyone seems to have a New Yorker accent and attitude.

I dont like the home office much. I want to go home already.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:22 PM

Ok I am really out of place now. I was just standing out on the balcony of the apartment I am staying in (I am in Boca Raton) and across the street is some club. I can hear the band playing and out of the parking lot a brand spanking new Ferarri pulled out. I dont know what model it was but it sure sounded great and it was definately one of the new ones.

There is also a Lotus Elise? (I think thats the name) You know the one that weighs almost nothing? parked next to my rental in the parking lot along with a ton of Mercedes, BMW's, Porches and way too many Hummers.

I walked across the street to get some groceries from a store called "Publix" and even the shoppers looked like they are made of money.

Way out of my element. I feel way out of place here.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:20 AM

Enjoy the warm weather man I'm soaking up the 80 degree weather here in Tucson for the next couple of months. I even HAD to put shorts on today... haha
Old 01-20-2005, 07:01 AM

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Rash,Jan 19 2005, 07:22 PM
Ok I am really out of place now. I was just standing out on the balcony of the apartment I am staying in (I am in Boca Raton) and across the street is some club. I can hear the band playing and out of the parking lot a brand spanking new Ferarri pulled out. I dont know what model it was but it sure sounded great and it was definately one of the new ones.

There is also a Lotus Elise? (I think thats the name) You know the one that weighs almost nothing? parked next to my rental in the parking lot along with a ton of Mercedes, BMW's, Porches and way too many Hummers.

I walked across the street to get some groceries from a store called "Publix" and even the shoppers looked like they are made of money.

Way out of my element. I feel way out of place here.
Boca is goofey they have some elite areas and some average suburb parts where you could just be comfy.

I bought my S2000 in Boca from a guy who lives off the ocean, his whole area was very modest, really down to earth. After we drove away we hit a few areas where you were talking about where it was like no one around you did not have something flashy, bling everywhere.

Where are or were you staying?

Let me guess that had 20s on the Elise too?
Old 01-20-2005, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dezoris,Jan 20 2005, 08:01 AM
Boca is goofey they have some elite areas and some average suburb parts where you could just be comfy.

I bought my S2000 in Boca from a guy who lives off the ocean, his whole area was very modest, really down to earth. After we drove away we hit a few areas where you were talking about where it was like no one around you did not have something flashy, bling everywhere.

Where are or were you staying?

Let me guess that had 20s on the Elise too?
I am staying at an condo owned by the company I work for. It's on the SE corner of Federal Highway and Camino Real, very blingity bling neighborhood. Dunno if I can take 8 more days here. I mean I personally dont feel comfortable at all. Locals here seem kinda stuffy. And I have have never seen so many people honking their horns at other drivers. If you dont nail it when that light turns green you get honked at.

I went to the apt. today for lunch and I counted 4 S2000's in the parking garage in addition to all the other Beemers, Mercedes, Hummers, yada yada yada.

I dont remeber what size the wheels were on the Elise but they were not stock, they had some kind of label on them that I couldnt read. I now know why that car weighs so little, its tiny. Smaller than an S2000.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:38 AM

One quick note I should have added, I have very little to do here so I have a ton of time. I hope I'm not boring anyone with my trip notes.

I also am not saying everyone here in So. Florida is stuffy, theres just a lot more stuffy people than I am used too. I guess I am trying to say I miss the friendly smiling faces of the Midwest. Gonna get out of Boca tonight and visit some other communities.

Quick Reply: Holy Smokes its 70 and humid here.