Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Help on knowing if my Diff is gone or my axle is

Old 09-19-2012, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on knowing if my Diff is gone or my axle is

So two days ago it was raining, When ever it rains i will slide my car around here and there. So while it was rainging i was heading over to a friends house, i made the wrong turn and had to do a u-turn. Since my tires are bald and took it a little to fast my car started sliding. I did'nt get nervous so i just gave it some gas to complete the drift. as my car was sideways next thing you know i heard a very loud scarping sound. When i put my car into any gear and engaged the clutch it would make this scraping sound. When I also try to engage the clutch the car will not move at. It sounds like it's coming from the back of the car. From some other threads I read it is the rear diff or a axle. Anyways to figure it out because the car is stuck in my friends neightborhood for now. i don't know if it relates cause when my clutch was being replaced they said my drivetrain was to tight? And anyone know a shop that will do a good job but not put a hole in my pocket. And once i solve the promblem does anyone rather have a AP2 rear diff for sale or a axle just uncase its one of those.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:04 PM
S2KI Editor

Originally Posted by Rice069
So two days ago it was raining, When ever it rains i will slide my car around here and there. So while it was rainging i was heading over to a friends house, i made the wrong turn and had to do a u-turn. Since my tires are bald and took it a little to fast my car started sliding. I did'nt get nervous so i just gave it some gas to complete the drift. as my car was sideways next thing you know i heard a very loud scarping sound. When i put my car into any gear and engaged the clutch it would make this scraping sound. When I also try to engage the clutch the car will not move at. It sounds like it's coming from the back of the car. From some other threads I read it is the rear diff or a axle. Anyways to figure it out because the car is stuck in my friends neightborhood for now. i don't know if it relates cause when my clutch was being replaced they said my drivetrain was to tight? And anyone know a shop that will do a good job but not put a hole in my pocket. And once i solve the promblem does anyone rather have a AP2 rear diff for sale or a axle just uncase its one of those.

No offense intended, but it seems like maybe you should try and drive a bit safer and maybe some issues can be prevented?? Just my $.02 since it seems like you have been posting here a lot with random problems.

Also, I would suggest you find a trusted mechanic (or even a Honda dealership) to properly diagnose these issues. In my experience you get what you pay for, so I wouldn't necessarily go for the cheapest option. You might also try offering a local member a free dinner to take a look at the car for you.

Regarding the diff and the axle, you can always check the for sale thread to find any parts local members are selling.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 PM

yes, like des said (what she really meant to say)...stop driving like an asshole and maybe you won't break shit.

edit: also stop driving around on bald star specs. It's just plain dangerous. bald 255's will hydroplane with moderately wet roads at 40mph.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by z_speed
yes, like des said (what she really meant to say)...stop driving like an asshole and maybe you won't break shit.

edit: also stop driving around on bald star specs. It's just plain dangerous. bald 255's will hydroplane with moderately wet roads at 40mph.
Yes i know, my tires came in yesterday wasn't expecting this to happen
Old 09-19-2012, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by z_speed

Stop trying to impress your friends by doing things that will put yourself and others at risk, seriously.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by drkphnx
Originally Posted by z_speed' timestamp='1348085704' post='22023899

Stop trying to impress your friends by doing things that will put yourself and others at risk, seriously.
Did i say i was trying to impress someone?? i don't need to be lectured all i'm asking is there any ways to diagnose this smh....
Old 09-19-2012, 01:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Jack the car up and turn each rear wheel by hand.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:10 PM

The last and only time I went on a cruise with you, you had your friend in your car, you kept getting beside me and flooring it, probably in hopes that I would chase or run you. It seems your driving habits have not changed whatsoever.

Take it to a shop, Dan or another memeber may take a look at it for you and may even help repair it at a lower cost than the dealership.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Jack the car up and turn each rear wheel by hand.
Thankyou! someone that is helping me out
Old 09-19-2012, 05:30 PM

Check your rear diff fluid level? May a leak or fluid needs changing?

Quick Reply: Help on knowing if my Diff is gone or my axle is