Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Hello Kalamazoo Color Tour W/Twisties

Old 10-23-2004, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Kalamazoo Color Tour W/Twisties

Anyone up for a get together in the Kalamazoo Area . We have some nice Twisties and Fall Colors should be pretty good the next couple of weekends.

Edit 11-04-04 OK here are the plans.

Lets meet at Hooters on Westnedge Ave (exit 76 off I-94 go South one block) Saturday November 6th at 11:30 am.

We'll go for a nice ride to Gull lake area ( a few nice twisties and lots of color along the way ) Then ride down to Three Rivers area twisties. On the way to TR we will pass a couple of other nice areas for some nice colors and a Fun drive. Afterwards we could go out to eat at Brewsters in Three Rivers. It's a very nice bar and restaurant that a friend of mine owns.

Hooters address is 5250 Westnedge Ave. Portage (Kalamazoo) Mi.
My cell phone # is 269-267-1312

If you can make it Please confim in this thread.

PS We should have a Great time, If you don't I offer a Money Back Refund
Old 10-25-2004, 12:18 PM

nice twisties...?? in K'zoo...??

WHERE!??? (I spent the first 20+ years of my life there... I'd sure like to know what I missed! )
Old 10-25-2004, 02:22 PM

Didn't go to the lakes much eh Joe. Some great spots just south of Kazoo for havin fun (Corey lake area) and around the lakes in Kazoo (West lake area) and Richland (Gull Lake)for the views and a few Twisties along the way.

Just an informal get together to have some Fun, if possible
Old 10-25-2004, 03:11 PM

I'd possibly be down... it would be an excuse to see the family. I have not been out to Gull lake in a few years... last time I was there... it was getting quite populated...

As for West Lake... you're talking about the West lake off of Portage road... correct? Is there some roads on the west side of the lake (opposite portage road- my family lives off of Gordnac and Sugarloaf lakes)? Last... where is Corey Lake?
Old 10-25-2004, 04:01 PM

Nice drive around Austin lake and Gull lake. Austin is just east of West lake. Cory lake is in Three Rivers. There are a few safe spots to have fun around that lake. The drive down to Three Rivers also has some great safe areas to have Fun.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:23 PM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

If you guys or anyone else do decide to do this.....just please be careful. The OEM S02's may not be at their best with the cool Fall temps and any sort of twisties.

I may be up for this drive on a weekend, but may not bring the S2000. I'd probably come in the BMW (AWD fun) and with the wife. The wife and I love going out to the small 'main' streets of Kalamazoo. She likes the shopping, I like the food.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:44 PM

Looks like the Upper Mid West Forms have had a few problems . Oh well, sh&t happens.

Started this thread to see if there was anyone in the my area. Looks like I'm in the middle of the war zone(Detroit and Chicago), and lets not forget Ohio. I must have missed something going on in this UMW form that made some folks mad.

So far every event my wife and I have been to was Great, and the folks we meet have been the best part of the events. It's Nice to see all the cars and here all the different stories. So I thought maybe I would test the waters and see If I could possible put something together.

The first two post I received are from JoeKing and Luder94, who are going at it in Joe's Thread. WOW What do I do next, Get the two of you guys here, sell tickets, and video the outcome and sell the DVD. Haaaay, that might not be a bad idea, I'll split the profit with You guys.

However what I would rather do is have a great time drivin and seeing the sights with folks who share a common interest, Our Great Cars.

Thanx: Derf Refnook
Old 10-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Former Moderator

We might be up for a drive this weekend. You're only a little over an hour away from Ann Arbor. We would need a place and time to meet. Always willing to do a little exploring.

Al, Colleen, and STARR.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:15 PM

I don't know about this weekend... maybe next...

Ya feeling better Al?
Old 10-27-2004, 03:40 PM

Yes, next weekend would be better. Maybe Sunday November 7th ?

Quick Reply: Hello Kalamazoo Color Tour W/Twisties