Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Good Places to eat (N or NW suburbs)

Old 09-18-2005, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Places to eat (N or NW suburbs)

Anyone know of any good restaurants (more personal/quiet) around woodfield (schamburg, barrington, streamwood, bartlett, st. charles, etc...). Not looking for extremely expensive necessarily, just good food and nice dining setup.

Just looking for ideas

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2005, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Luke530,Sep 18 2005, 09:38 PM] Anyone know of any good restaurants (more personal/quiet) around woodfield (schamburg, barrington, streamwood, bartlett, st. charles, etc...). Not looking for extremely expensive necessarily, just good food and nice dining setup.

Just looking for ideas

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2005, 10:25 PM

well, if I got to the city... I'll probably just end up going to Cafe Luciano's or something like that. I dunno...

...that definately looks pretty good. have you been there yet vassil?
Old 09-18-2005, 10:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luke530,Sep 18 2005, 10:25 PM
well, if I got to the city... I'll probably just end up going to Cafe Luciano's or something like that. I dunno...

...that definately looks pretty good. have you been there yet vassil?
Yes. Good food and those Sangria's were pretty good too.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:10 AM

Cafe Babareeba is an excellent choice in the city, some of the best tapas in the city. Also if you are in the city I would try Ralph Laurens restaurant, they've got an EXCELLENT burger, among other things of course. IF you want something a bit more expensive, The Melting Pot in Schaumburg is a great choice for a date. Good atmosphere and has a great dessert fondue, which any girl will love. For steak I would head to Rosebud's in Chicago, they've got some of the best, or Carmines. If you got the big bucks then head to Morton's. For Mexican/Latin food head to Nacional 27. Sorry don't know much about the schaumburg area's restaurants other than your regular assortment of Chili's etc...

But I got plenty of places in the City if you ever want any tips or suggestions.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:46 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I like Prarie Rock in Schaumburg for dinner.

Heaven on Seven in Naperville (also downtown.) Worth the drive. (Cajun)

Melting Pot in Schaumburg as mentioned above.

There used to be a Cuban restraunt in Bartlett right by the train station. I am not sure if it is still there, but it was VERY good, inexpensive and it's a very small place so ambiance would be good there.

Seafood/Cajun there is a place at Algonquin and Golf and I can't remember the name of it. It's a little pricey (about the same cost as Red Lobster) but the food is MUCH better.

Bennehanna is always fun, if a little expensive.

For mexican, there is a place in Carpentersville that's probably the best I have had (weird I know). It's just South of Algonquin off of Rt. 25 on the West side of the street. I THINK the name is something like "Casa Maison" but I am not sure.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by ruexp67,Sep 19 2005, 07:46 AM
I like Prarie Rock in Schaumburg for dinner.

Heaven on Seven in Naperville (also downtown.) Worth the drive. (Cajun)

Melting Pot in Schaumburg as mentioned above.

There used to be a Cuban restraunt in Bartlett right by the train station. I am not sure if it is still there, but it was VERY good, inexpensive and it's a very small place so ambiance would be good there.

Seafood/Cajun there is a place at Algonquin and Golf and I can't remember the name of it. It's a little pricey (about the same cost as Red Lobster) but the food is MUCH better.

For mexican, there is a place in Carpentersville that's probably the best I have had (weird I know). It's just South of Algonquin off of Rt. 25 on the West side of the street. I THINK the name is something like "Casa Maison" but I am not sure.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by tcho82,Sep 19 2005, 07:10 AM
But I got plenty of places in the City if you ever want any tips or suggestions.
sure... if you want to list some more options

I'm thinking Heaven on Seven or Wildfire (I heard it's really good) right now. I always have a problem finding a good place to eat, because she usually wont eat something like a ribeye, she'll get a salad or sandwich instead so I need something that serves things like salads and burgers/sandwiches, etc...
Old 09-19-2005, 06:23 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

for Mortons if you want to spend the $$$
same goes for Melting Pot
Wildfire in schaumburg (and other locations) is good. Not the most quiet place, but great atmosphere nonetheless. They are going for a 1940's lounge feel. Steaks are very good (not great...see mortons) but deserts are excellent.

Pick up a Zagats guide for the best ratings.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by ruexp67,Sep 19 2005, 08:46 AM
If you like the Japanese Steakhouse theme, I would try Ron of Japan in Northbrook (or downtown) - I think its better than Bennihana

Quick Reply: Good Places to eat (N or NW suburbs)