Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Gingerman Open Track / Driver's School

Old 05-06-2002, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all Track Junkies ........

Ann Arbor Car Club is preparing an open track day at Gingerman Raceway in West Michigan on May 24th, Friday.

It will run in the following format:

DATE: May 24th, Friday.
TIME: 9AM to 5PM, please arrive at the track before 7:30AM for final tech inspection. & driver's meeting @ 8:30, first car off @ 9AM.

COST: $140

DRIVERS: 40 Maximum

OTHER DETAILS: Corner workers will be provided. Refreshments
a distinct possibility, if we get over 30 people.

NOTE: This is an open track day and will be given sessions if too many people attend. There are only 40 spots available, and it is on first come first serve bases. We guarantee at least 140 minutes seat time on the race track. However, although not a school - in the interests of safety, common sense and the USUAL DRIVING SCHOOL RULES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED e.g. play "nice", point-bys for overtaking etc.

Please register as soon as possible to insure a spot for the event. The cost of the event for reservatioans of less then 7 days is $200. I am doing this to avoid people look out for weather forecast and elect not to come if the event got rained out. We will be at the track rain or shine. If you need an instructor, please note in the registration form or email me. We will provide classes and instructions.

registration form can be found here:
http://www.aacarclub.com/track/aacc.pdf

Have fun and happy motoring. See you all on May 24th.

For latest information, you can find it here.
http://www.aacarclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic....php?p=2363#2363
Old 05-07-2002, 09:24 PM

No takers from S2000 board!!!!
Old 05-10-2002, 08:02 AM

I'm waiting for the instructor lead course before I attend an open track. Never done it before but can't wait.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:40 PM

I will be attending this event, and working with Perry (StealthyS2K) to make this event a success.

For those that don't know my past, I possessed a Confederation Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) General Competition racing license and have been driving high performance cars (and riding sportbikes) on racetracks since 1991.

With regards to individuals that have never been on the track before, Perry, myself and I believe a few others who have had extensive track experience will be working with 'track newbies' to help them in their safe initiation to the racetrack.

It will be low pressure, and we will show you all about car control, apexing, braking and racetrack etiquette. First you'll come out in our cars as we show you how it's done, then we will ride in your car with you as you take your 'first steps' onto the track, giving you pointers along the way.

Other drivers will know that you are new and will extend a strong level of courtesy and give you a wide line in which you can learn. From what Perry and I have discussed about the event, this day is a track day, NOT a full blown race!!! Correct me if I am wrong here Perry!

We hope to see both new and old drivers at the event. There is room for all types and you can take it at your own pace!!!!

Please come and join us!!!! :-)

Cheers,
Old 05-13-2002, 07:08 AM

Now, I have a list of drivers and cars who has signed up so far.

they are here.
http://www.aacarclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=299