Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

first dent.. #$%^#$&%^$*&@%$#

Old 12-20-2005, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default first dent.. #$%^#$&%^$*&@%$#

ugh.. right on the door's crease line... a bit behind the left mirrors...

i think i got it in Oak Park when i was at the company Xmas party... what a Xmas gift to myself...

btw, my seatbelt keeps getting caught between the door and the seat, it's left a few 'impressions' on the plastic door panel. anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact same problem with my seatbelts. Basically dont fling your seatbelts off, but it'll happen anyways. As for the door dents. I know the feeling about that also. I have 4 on my right passenger door. 3 could have been paintless removals, but ONE big fat one is on the crease line, luckily they are all on the same door, oh yea forgot about the one on my rear left fender that also some idiot scraped by at Woodfield of all places, even though I was parked in one of the furthest spots. Go figure. Anyways, I got an estimate, and I'm going to take it into Huntley Collision in the spring(damn that place was far), Good price though! Half of what the body shop in front of my house quoted.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:50 AM

Paintless dent repair.

I saw a guy take a dent right out of IBMCPA's crease in the door. After that you could never tell it was there.

You guys might want to get a dent day going.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:06 AM

Can't say enough good things about paintless - I'd have our guy take a look at it before you emotionally commit to bondo and a repaint - our guy works miracles. Unless there's call for it, I was waiting until spring to host a season opener dent day at my house. I missed my turn at the summer dent day (darn Chicago Airshow!) so I still have a ding near my gas cap the size of a baseball. Plus I've got my truck door and a couple of motorcycle gas tanks lined up...
Old 12-20-2005, 07:25 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, there will be a dent day in the spring as soon as the weather turns decent again.

If you can't wait send me a PM and I will get you the number for the dent guy. He will come to you, so it would help if you had a place for him to work.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:00 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

I have our Chicago owners' dent guy (Erich) coming over soon to hang out. He has always brought his tools anyway, so let me find out if it's not too imposing for me to ask him to do three or four cars in my garage before he starts drinking.

About a month ago, he came up to hang out and ended up working on some dings on my best friend's SL600 (door panels made of the same material as a Sherman tank....I kid, but they are thick and hard to work with). Erich took the dings out leaving no evidence. He charged my buddy less than $50 for both those dings.

If you're interested in getting some dings out before Spring, pm me. I'll let you know if he's ok with doing some work when he comes by. I, however, will limit it to four cars (unless Erich says otherwise).
Old 12-20-2005, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are IBMcpa/blackfx35/ruexp/Luder all talking about the SAME PDR guy?

i can wait til spring.. cuz i think ... and it's just a gut feeling, i'll get another one during the Xmas season...
Old 12-20-2005, 09:28 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes....we are.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:07 AM

ooh ooh pick me pick me! I think I'd def'n be interested in getting my stuff taken out before then. Just looking at my car makes me cringe.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:20 AM

Urmil,
I would definitely be interested in bringing my car over for Erich to look at.
Let me know when you're thinking about doing it.

Quick Reply: first dent.. #$%^#$&%^$*&@%$#