Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Convertible Friendly Fireworks Show? - Milwaukee Area

Old 06-24-2014, 02:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Convertible Friendly Fireworks Show? - Milwaukee Area

My wife and I are looking for somewhere in the Milwaukee and surrounding area that we can pull up, drop the top, sit back and enjoy the show. Any suggestions?
Old 06-24-2014, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about milwaukee but chicago does fireworks on wednesday and saturday evenings all summer long over the lake. Many people just pull off onto the shoulder of lake shore drive and enjoy the show there.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:15 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey dude! Grew up in Tosa, live in Bayview now. You can see most of the summerfest grounds fireworks (Fri/Sat every ethnic festival weekend) from South Shore Park down by the lake. Plenty of parking, and you can bring a grill/cooler and make a great picnic out of it if that floats your boat. If you want more information just lemme know.

F1 fan I assume? I periodically organize groups to watch F1 races at The Highbury pub on KK and Lincoln. Will give a heads up on the next one if you're interested.

Cheers
Charlie
Old 06-25-2014, 08:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chazzguitar
Hey dude! Grew up in Tosa, live in Bayview now. You can see most of the summerfest grounds fireworks (Fri/Sat every ethnic festival weekend) from South Shore Park down by the lake. Plenty of parking, and you can bring a grill/cooler and make a great picnic out of it if that floats your boat. If you want more information just lemme know.

F1 fan I assume? I periodically organize groups to watch F1 races at The Highbury pub on KK and Lincoln. Will give a heads up on the next one if you're interested.

Cheers
Charlie
Thanks for the tip. I should have mentioned that I generally work 4 - midnight M-F but have the 4th off. Would love to go down for the big bang but that's not feasible for me. Plenty of places to park by the lake front. Just wish they actually had fireworks on the 4th. Hoping to find a nice spot to pull up and watch on Friday. I know there are some lots near the Waukesha County fair grounds that you can park and watch. Might end up just doing that but really would like something a bit more scenic than seeing the backside of the airport there. Maybe a nice spot at a smaller lake in the area? I might check into Lake Geneva, see what they have going on there.

As for the F1 races, I wouldn't call myself a fan. I've never actually watched a race, just highlights and such. The F1_DNA comes from my license plate and the fact that Honda stated the car was born of F1 DNA. I wouldn't mind watching the races sometime and learning more about the sport.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:36 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Right on. If you're looking for a little more of a drive, I think that Lake Beulah (near East Troy, maybe 40 mins west of the city) does a nice show over the lake every 4th. I've got some friends with a place out there, if that's more what you're looking for I'd be happy to see if they know any details. Big Cedar Lake, a little southeast of Slinger, also does a show but that's tougher to find good viewing spots -- much higher-rent area with very little public access (but they do have a GREAT little bar called Heilman's; worth a trip any day).

The tosa fireworks (Hart Park) aren't bad, but I don't know if there'd be a good place to watch from the car.

10-4 on the F1 thing -- I'll keep you looped on any goings-on in the future. The 7 AM starts for the European races might be off-putting if you're not a rabid fan... I always host a big party for the US Grand Prix (in November this year i think?) which airs in the afternoon and might be an easier entry point. Always happy to help spread the F1 bug

Cheers
Charlie