Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Comprehensive Chicago Car Dealer Listing & Recommendations

Old 05-12-2005, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone, new to this forum, thread, and group etc..

I bought my MY02 from a Private party, but I have a 00 Accord coupe I bought from Castle Honda and they suck! Sales people are ok, but service is terrible, always trying to shove maintenance packages down your throat everytime you bring your car in for an oil change, saying your warranty won't be valid unless you get service done at their dealership, etc.. All in all they are asses, I only go to them for the free car wash service... For everything else I go to Muller Honda in Highland Park. Excellent service and very helpful with anything, I plan on bringing in my S there for service, otherwise I've taken by Honda to Pauly Honda of Libertyville which was great, and for simple things like oil changes etc.. I've brought my accord to McGrath Acura of Morton Grove, who has excellent customer service and a nice waiting area!

Look forward to meeting you all sometime in the future!
Old 05-16-2005, 12:41 PM

I gotta give a to Castle Honda sales. They currently have several S2000's listed on Autotrader at invoice price, and are honoring that price - I didn't have to argue with them at all. No hassels on the sale either, although I paid cash which sped the deal. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the market for a new S2000.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:03 PM

Just got back from ohare honda and im pissed i ever gave them a chance. First of all i explain exactly the problem i was having. my hardtop is rattling from passenger side top striker. this is on the top of the windshield where the catcher swings down and tightens the top down. i show the service advisor exactly where it is looses, and by the way it is visible looses and makes a lot of noise when im driving.... 1 test drive (that in no way was needed) and 45 min later the tech comes to me and cant seem to find a problem?!?! i show him personally he says 15 min....20 min later i hear them move my car so i go out in front to watch them drive off...Redlines it in 1st 2nd then hard on the brakes to not hit the car in front. makes a large loop around the dealer area which takes about 5-6 min driving normal, and he makes it in 2 and tell me its fixed.

Well i confront him and let him know i heard them drive off twice and get on it for no reason the second time.. he says, "let me be honest with you, i didnt drive it the first time someone else did." WTF!? why is there someone who isnt even working on my car driving it?! i tell him that and that i want to talk to a manger... i explain to the manager what happened and that i saw how he was driving.. he says hell take care of it and the repair will be no charge....like hes doing me a favor!!! they bring my car inside and to my amazement 9 new miles on the tach!!! i tell the service manager this and he lets me know that its normal to put 9 miles to hear a sound!!! i said no one even needed to drive it. He gave no response and i said i will just complain to honda and thats total BS and i will never buy or service a car or anyone that i know to take their car there.

HONDA OF O'HARE
Old 03-07-2008, 06:04 PM

this should be a sticky!! why isnt it?
Old 03-07-2008, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ulrich,Jul 15 2002, 04:30 AM
Bad link
Old 03-07-2008, 08:45 PM

Honda Of Joliet gets my vote hands down

Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 AM

I shopped around A LOT and ended getting an 03 at Muller Honda. Got a fair price.

Also had a buddy who got a Civic Bill Kay Honda. But that's too far south of Chicago for me and I couldn't tell you either way whether they're good or not.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 AM

Snagged TWO Hondas from Continental Honda in Countryside: my 99 Integra GS-R, and my current 05 AP2.

Best service department in the area.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:54 AM

FYI to everyone, I work at Motorwerks Honda in Barrington, so if you are looking for something don't hesitate to pm me!