Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Comprehensive Chicago Car Dealer Listing & Recommendations

Old 01-19-2004, 06:48 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Schaumburg Honda is owned by Rorhman Automotive Group (Bob Rohrman dealerships, based in IN).

Crystal Lake Honda is owned by Schaumburg Automotive Group. Schaumburg Subaru is owned by them.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Schaumburg group is owned by Rick Weissberg who is the biggest dick on earth.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Schaumburg Honda boooooooo
Old 02-29-2004, 05:13 PM

Update on Honda of Joliet -

We were looking at cars for my wife, mainly trying to decide between mid-size coupe and sedans. Having been thoroughly satisfied with Kim & Lou at Honda of Joliet, I emailed Kim this past week and said we'd be down to have a look-see at an Accord V6. We like the look of the coupe, and that's want we wanted to test drive.

We drove down to them Saturday afternoon 2/28.Turns out they didn't have a V6 coupe, but they did have several V6 sedans. Kim tossed us the keys to one and said "Go have fun." What a nice car, great ride, tons of getup and go, and a reeeeally nice leather interior. We then drove a 4cyl. coupe, and it just wasn't what we thought it would be. It was kinda tight getting in the back, and it just didn't seem a nice a car as the sedan. That's not an indictment of the car, it just didn't fit what we were looking for.

We came back to the dealer, and the place was hopping. Kim & Lou were running, but they took all the time needed to make sure we were happy, and answered any questions we had. We decided on a loaded V6 sedan, settled on a price, and while they didn't have the color we wanted on the lot, Lou was able to find one at another area dealer. He sent us out for dinner while the car was being transferred, it was prepped, we blew through the financing without breaking a sweat, and at 8PM we were on the road home, me in my S and my wife in her new Accord.

I cannot say enough about this dealership, or the people I dealt with. Pleasant, personable, professional, they remembered us when we came in the door, took whatever time was necessary to assist us (even though they had other customers they were working with), we got what we felt was a fair price, and financing at a great rate.

The dealership closed at 5:30, and when we left at 8PM they still had two more customers yet to close with, and everyone was still as pleasant and nice as at the beginning of the day.

They are an hour's drive from where I live, through some of the most horrendous traffic in the western suburbs of Chicago, and yet I would not hesitate to purchase from them again, and I highly reccomend them to anyone looking for a Honda.

All I can say is... Kim & Lou,

Tom
Old 03-03-2004, 08:19 PM

Honda of Lisle - based solely on my buying experience -

Surfed Autotrader.com. Had three different dealerships listing the 04 at about 30K. Carsdirect.com has it at $30,195. Put in info in AutoTrader to get a quote. Was assigned Honda of Lisle rather than Valley Honda which is maybe 8 minutes away from me in Aurora.

Robin Bresley - Internet Manager of Honda of Lisle quickly emailed me back. Or maybe it was her flunky. Either way, within an hour of the request, I had a reply. Said they'd get back to me with a price soon.

Next morning, I was quoted $32,190 plus tax/title/doc fees.

I responded with:

Robin,

Thanks for the quote but I'm afraid that price is too high. Having found several brand new 2004 S2000's posted on Auto Trader for around $30,000 at three different dealerships (Jacobs Twin, Schaumburg, and Castle Honda) http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/newcar_...search_type=new as well as Carsdirect.com's low price guarantee of $30,195, http://www.carsdirect.com/build/options?zi...0&restore=false I would not be willing to pay $32,190.

If you will match these prices I've already found, I would be very interested. But not at $32,190.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you with a revised price.

Steve

An hour later, I got this:

Steve,
Per my general manager good through end of business day 3/01/2004 on the 2004 Red S2000 I have in stock .inclusive of the destination charge: $30,000.00 . Please add for sales tax, plates, and our $52.00 documentation fee.
I am in til noon today and Monday 9-5.
I look forward to you response )
Robin

Cool.

I drove to the dealership, test drove the car, and was out of there with my new ride for 30K plus the taxes/fees an hour later.

It was BY FAR the easiest car I've ever purchased. Granted, I didn't finance through them nor did I have a trade, but I would recommend Honda of Lisle and Robin Bresley again in a heartbeat. Did I squeeze every last nickel out of them? No, but getting invoice plus $5 was good enough for me.

Having only had the car for 4 days now, I cannot comment on the service department.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:08 PM

I purchased mine at Muller Honda in Highland Park, IL. No hassle. They gave me the price quoted in a newspaper ad of $31,000 on my new '04 despite the car I wanted being a different color and the sale period having recently expired. They also had 3 on the lot and usually carry between 2 and 3 in stock. I suppose I might have squeezed them for another $300 to $500, but quite frankly, having just gone through another purchase of a new Toyota Sienna for my wife and having to go to multiple dealers to get a fair price, I was just happy not to have them try to bend me over when I walked through the doors ready to buy.

Have just had the headrest speakers installed and it was a good experience with the service dept. Frankly, one big reason I chose to buy this car and not a BMW Z4 was that I wanted the Honda reliability and did not want to have any service problems that have been noted with the bimmers.

So based on my experience, I would definitely recommend Muller Honda.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:15 PM

If you are thinking of going to castle honda, please dont...read my thread...

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...0&#entry4610629

Worst service I have gotten at any retial store, not only dealerships...they are jerks
Old 10-23-2004, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by ChiS2K,Jul 12 2002, 12:50 PM
I would also like to add that Jacobs Twin Honda PINSTRIPES all their cars including S2000s!
Your right, Thats where my S came from, I have never seen another one with a pin stripe.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:55 PM

Does the Honda dealership in Lisle also own the Infiniti of Lisle?
Old 11-23-2004, 12:32 PM

O'Hare Honda
They were selling used,with lvery low mi on it, BBB S2K. $27k.
We went to see it. Asked if everything is OK with car:-"Oh yeah, it's"Honda certified". We can't sell if there accident or problems with car"
OK. Let's see it. - "Oh!?" Car is at the back. Transmition is taken OUT.(apparently "we doing maintanance") Left fender -"paint-brush" paintjob on it, barely fitting....

Call in next few days just to follow-"oh, no problems with a car"
Few days Later: " we sold it"

Somewhere-there is a "lucky" driver. Sorry did not alert beforehand.(new to forum)

Quick Reply: Comprehensive Chicago Car Dealer Listing & Recommendations