Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Comprehensive Chicago Car Dealer Listing & Recommendations

Old 07-07-2003, 08:34 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, I bought my 2003 from Schaumburg. I orignally went to McGrath in St. Charles, but they would not negotiate price at all. I got it from Schaumburg because they were at least willing to nogotiate a decent price. Fabian is definatly the one to talk to. However, they are not interested in Dealer Trades or ordering a car AT ALL, unless it's on their lot forget any kind of deal from them.

I recieved a mailing from Schaumburg regarging a one-day only sale and "emplyee" pricing for existing customers. My mother was lookind for a new car so we went over there to see about an Accord. Loved the car, but they did not have the color and options she wanted. They told us they would do a dealer trade. We went to negotiate price, and all they would do was come down about $600 under sticker. I asked about the special sale and return customer pricing, they said that this was it. We were pissed! Went to St. Charles, and they had her car on the lot. He gave it to us for about $1000 over invoice, a full $1000 cheaper than Schaumburg. I still can't believe they would not even negotiate with us!?
Old 07-07-2003, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my car at Honda of Joliet after making the rounds of the area dealers. Several didn't have cars, and wouldn't be getting anything until mid-July to mid-August. I emailed Kim at Joliet Honda based on several threads here. She quoted me $29,999 including delivery on a new '03 Silverstone/Black they had in stock, and she was willing to do a dealer trade to get the color I wanted for the same $$$. They did require a fully refundable deposit on the car to do that, though. I wound up getting the Silverstone/Black car.

Given the time of year I figured I prolly couldn't do much better than that. When I went in to finalize the deal, she had everything ready to go, all we had to do was write the check for the down payment and sign the papers, and we drove off. All in all I am quite happy with the buying experience, and I'd go back there if/when I'm in the market for another Honda, even though it's about an hour drive for me.

I dunno about their service dept, I haven't dealt with them yet, so I can't comment on that yet.

Tom
Old 12-28-2003, 03:54 PM

TTT.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:24 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for reviving this thread, Ulrich. It is great information. I have PM'ed DLQ (forum moderator for this area) and asked him to make this thread sticky.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:39 AM

Crystal Lake Honda is the worst dealership in America.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:42 AM

I was the finance manager there for a year. They don't pay your cars off when you trade them in. The owner is a lying, cheating, thief. The sales people are out only to rip you off and lie. The service dept is the worst in America, don't let the CSI score through Honda fool you, they only turn in the good surveys.

I purchased my S there and they didn't even pay my car off. I would recommend anybody over them. Any deal they can give you any other dealer will match, especially motorwerks.

Anyone has any car buying questions feel free, to holla.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:26 AM

balefire- Grand Honda's issues can be found with a quick search, and many others share the sentiment...I spoke to three different salespeople and got three different answers to if they had what I was looking for in stock so I could drive the 1.5 hours to see it and probably make a purchase...of course if I knew they were filipino I wouldn't have called in the first place!!! J/K

I actually dated a filipino girl a couple of times, she was pretty hot!
Old 01-15-2004, 11:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DRokafella
I was the finance manager there for a year.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:34 PM

I was referring to the service dept.'s surveys. Those are filled out by hand at the cashier.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:12 AM

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Motorwerks is expensive for service IMO compared to other dealer. I have taken my Hondas there for years. However, you get the proper service and treatment.
You pay a premium but you get premium service.

Whenever I had problems they took care of it.
I would not take my car to any other dealership for anything.

Crystal Lake Honda is owned by the same company as Schaumburg Honda I believe?

Anyway Crystal Lake Honda is the worst, they treat you shit, and really try to get things over on you.

Their used cars for the most part are turds, make sure you really look them over for accidents etc.

I know a few guys in the Schaumburg Honda department, they know their stuff, but like any place, it is high volume, and customer service suffers.

The sales guys were cool with me, test drove an S2000, and Accord V6 6 spd there and was able to give them a work out.

Quick Reply: Comprehensive Chicago Car Dealer Listing & Recommendations