Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Comprehensive Chicago Car Dealer Listing & Recommendations

Old 01-02-2003, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also bought new w/ my mom a black '01 Accord in 7/01 and had a very good experience at Grand Honda. Haggling was typical BS. Back and forth for like 2 hours. Ultimately, we got hooked up w/ a filipino sales mgr after the 1st hr. Maybe it was our filipino connection, but we managed to get it for $100 over invoice w/ free oil changes for 3 yrs. I think some of their sales people were filipino as well. Anyway, from what I've seen of their ads, they must have like the lowest prices around Chicago.

We have also had no problems with their service department for our oil changes. All in all, I'd go back again there too. I just with they had better hours!
Old 01-02-2003, 02:41 PM

grand Honda, there adds are the best! pay attention to the little "*" well hidden, it says all sorts of stuff including they will not honor pricing errors in this ad! I know dealers are not supposed to do trick ads like that, but what am I going to do but laugh. I have walked too many people to count, sent them to other stores promising the best price in the world, most the time they come back with tails between the leg, but not all the time.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:46 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Balefire,....

....they gave you some free extra keys? Did you try them in the ignition? My bet says they will turn, but won't fire up the engine.

Remember, S2000 keys have to be special ordered. They are coded to work only on your ECU that then defeats the immobilizer.

To my knowledge, there are a finite set of key "codes", where the ECU is "tuned" to the key. Which ever key "code" your ignition lock works with, is the code your car operates with....you can get a "wrong coded" key made to fit the ignition, but the car won't light up when you hit the starter button....it will turn, but that's it.

Also, I doubt the Schaumburg Honda would put up the retail $80/key for free....as long as I've known them, they haven't been the most giving...even when you've sold over 20 cars for the dealership.

If you must use Schaumburg Honda, definitely talk to Craig Hedeman. He's a 5 star sales guy working at a 3 star dealership.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:46 PM

Jacobs Twin,

The pinstriping is the worst, they also had a lot of "punk" kids working there, they drove me out to a lot to show me the S2000, the kid was driving the civic like it was an F1 race car (over speed bumps no doubt) when I asked if he had taken an S2000 out for a spin he said yes, enough said!

Grand Honda, might as well be criminals

Community Orland of Honda - just about the best I have dealt with I use them for my service and they are excellent.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:23 AM

Luder94,

I tried the keys immediately after, and they worked no problem. And I know I was lucky, they must cost at least $60 each. I felt even luckier tho when Mark (the used car sales head mgr) got me the boot for the top for free! i think that went for around $2-300!!
I think Mark was like the head honcho cause everyone, from parts to finance was at his beck and call. Again, I was pretty pleased at Schaumburg Honda...

As for Grand Honda, my cousin also just bought a Honda Pilot there for $2000 under MSRP. Why are they criminals? To me it just seems like they've got good prices.... or maybe it's cause we're filipino! =)
Old 01-06-2003, 12:26 PM

he bought a pilot for 2000 under sticker!!!!!!! I need numbers on that, what model, and what was the sell price?

PS I do not 60 bucks is accurate, we charge about $20 per key
they are just like any other honda, cut and coded at any dealer in ten minutes
Old 01-07-2003, 08:35 AM

I'm still telling all of you....Ed Wong and Elliot Faulkner cannot be beat at Motorwerks Barrington.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hecash
[B]The service that I've had at Pauley Honda in Libertyville has been just great up to this point.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:00 AM

CarCrazy,

What dealer is your closest dealer if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-08-2003, 10:58 AM

Luder: Rosen

Quick Reply: Comprehensive Chicago Car Dealer Listing & Recommendations