Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Comprehensive Chicago Car Dealer Listing & Recommendations

Old 07-31-2002, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome help here
Old 08-02-2002, 06:12 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I would recommend Honda of Joliet. Kim Tornabeni was my sales person.
I had order a Suzuka Blue S2000 two different times, and for one reason or another I cancelled the order and went with Kim. The price was $31,500.00 and no hidden cost. I live in Houston Texas, and Kim kept me up to date on when the car reached port and a daily report on it's movement, so that I could get a plane ticket. They where even willing to pick me up at Midway. But since I was born and raised in the area, I just had some family meet me. After I got to the dealer on Saturday, it took about 1 1/2 hours for them/me to get everything done and that was with a credit union sale going on.
Now I am back in Houston and having trouble getting some paint matched, so I called to see if they could help. Mark the Service Manager seemed very concern about my problem and ask to be updated. He also gave me some help on what to do and who to talk to.
I would go back to Honda of Joliet.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...that Joliet Honda sounds really impressive. Good reviews!
Old 08-02-2002, 10:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I guess I answered my own post...hahaha

Jacobs Twin in Chicago is a definite thumbs down for me...

I was told it would be delivered to them by the second week of September and then after they got all my info for the deposit they decided to change it up. Since I was an out of state buyer that was not working for me.

The internet sales department gave me a great price but other than taking deposits they were useless. It finally came down to me calling Mike, the GM of the dealer to get answers because the internet people would not call me back or respond to my emails. After waiting for three days for him to get me a definite answer he said "we are not sure when it will be here" at that point I told him to forget it....

I ended up getting the car locally in AZ at MSRP.

Remember to be careful with these characters at the dealers, especially if you are an out of state buyer. Most of these dealers will try every trick known to man to get your money and then try to change things in their favor.

In the past 5 months I have contacted every dealer in the Chicago metro area and as far as lowest price it came down to Grand Honda and Jacobs Twin. They were both around $30,300-$30,500..

After reading all the posts about Community Honda of Orland Park I was pretty happy. Well I spoke to three different people and got three different prices. All of then slightly under MSRP. Not good at all....

BTW, I don't think Honda of Joliet is all that. Lou did not even return my call when I spoke to him and told him I was a serious buyer with CASH....

Good Luck Everyone!!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2kJer
[B]Well I guess I answered my own post...hahaha

Jacobs Twin in Chicago is a definite thumbs down for me...

I was told it would be delivered to them by the second week of September and then after they got all my info for the deposit
Old 08-03-2002, 12:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well all of my quotes were done through email with the internet/fleet departments at the dealers.
For out of state buyers it is impossible for them to go in person anyway.
So you just got to be careful and hope your dealing with an honest salesperson even though the odds are stacked against you as far as that goes....

Jer
Old 08-05-2002, 08:57 AM

Motor Werks is way up on all the before mentioned dealers in both sales and service customer satisfaction. We just won the presidents award, and believe me I see the repots, we are way above everyone else. I understand that if you are getting thousands off, and I can only give 500 you would buy somewhere else, but our service is great. we got the loaners, a heated service drive and some pretty cool service writers. If anyone wants to talk they can e-mail me and I will answer any questions.

I know I am bias, but believe me I interviewed with MANY dealers, and have people working with me from other Honda dealers in the Chicago land area, we are upfront and honest. Are we the cheapest? NO, but do you want poor service to save a few bucks on a car you treasure like the S2K?

Drive on, and good luck to all

Kengel

kengelbrecht@motorwerks.com
Old 01-02-2003, 11:34 AM

Live thread, live!

If anyone has recently bought a new car and wants to contribute to this thread with his/her experience, feel free to do so.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:33 PM

hey it is not dead, but I have some S2K's available. I have a new untitiled 02 yellow black, and a used blk on blk
Old 01-02-2003, 01:16 PM

I got my black '00 in 8/02 and had a very good experience at Schaumburg Honda Used Car dept. However, I never dealt w/ a salesman. Instead I dealt w/ Mark, their used car sales mgr. Haggling was simple; he gave me his lowest price. He also let me test drive it. I never felt very pressured. I even walked away, had dinner, came back after they closed and bought the car.

Days later after the sale, I asked for another set of keys, he made 2 extra copies free of charge. Days after that, I realized that I didn't have the boot. He could have stuck it to me, but instead ordered another boot free of charge (worth a couple hundred of dollars i'm guessing). Mark was a good guy, and I'd recommend him at least in a heartbeat.

My experience w/ their service dept wasn't bad either. I had my convertible top fixed their w/o issue. My biggest reason for going there was their hours (open till midnite). I work crazy hours and could only drop the car off really late. My only problem w/ their service was that they were resistant to do some TSB work.

All in all, I would recommend them based on my own experience, but that of Luder94 was inexcusable.

Quick Reply: Comprehensive Chicago Car Dealer Listing & Recommendations