Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Capital City (Lansing, MI) Meet & BBQ?

Old 07-23-2010, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Capital City (Lansing, MI) Meet & BBQ?

Any interest in meeting up in Lansing area for a meet & BBQ?

I've seen a few S2000s in Midland, G.R. Grosse Pointe, Troy, etc in the last couple of years. Yet, I have yet to really talk to any owners in MI.

There are several nice parks by small lakes in and around Lansing, and, maybe, we can have a meet & BBQ.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

-Sean

p.s. Yes, I do realize that there is the Woodward Cruise, but that's not really my thing.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosworth,Jul 23 2010, 10:45 PM
p.s. Yes, I do realize that there is the Woodward Cruise, but that's not really my thing.
Just so you know, the initial planned meeting spot for the WDC meet is in a location that is accessible without having to deal with significant "cruiser" traffic/festivities. You're more than welcome to meet up with us for in the parking lot of Traffic Jam and have lunch with us, then go your own way. It would be great to meet you.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:10 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Seaan, set a date, time and place and then see what response you get. The distance to Lansing is not a problem.
If you have seen S's (me) in Grosse Pointe how come you haven't waved like crazy, or spoken? Just joking!
There is usually a Cider Mill meet in the fall which I think Kamron arranges, check the dates with him.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:20 PM

It would be great to talk to other S2K owners in Michigan. A lunch some place in the Lansing or southeast Michigan area sounds like a good idea, as it eliminates the need to set up a BBQ, etc. My wife and I are booked in August, but September is open. I know of only one other S2K owner -- a black car owned by a guy in the service department at Honda of Grand Blanc -- although I occasionally see a silver AP2 in the Fenton area where I live. No idea who owns it.

Walt
Old 07-26-2010, 06:05 AM

I might be interested in the Cider Mill run in the fall.

But, how about either 9/4/Sat or 9/5 Sun, depending on what the weather holds for us that weekend? (of course, assuming that most people don't travel out of town on the labor day weekend.)

So...

Date: 9/4/Sat or 9/5/Sun (Or is 9/11/Sat or 9/12/Sun better?)
Time: noon-ish
Why: To meet some new S2000 owners in the area.
Comments: We will avoid rainy day for those who don't drive their S in the rain.

-Sean
Old 07-26-2010, 06:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tachus,Jul 24 2010, 01:10 PM
There is usually a Cider Mill meet in the fall which I think Kamron arranges, check the dates with him.
I can't take credit for those meets. I think they've mostly been arranged by myblueheaven. We didn't have one last year, I don't think. But, there was a great turn out in '08, IIRC.

As far as the lansing meet, we'll try to make it if we can. However, we may be out of town then. I will post again as we get closer to September.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:58 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Our family may be in town that weekend. We like the idea and will let you know later if we can make it or not.