Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Best Test Pipe?

Old 06-25-2007, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Test Pipe?

Who makes the best test pipe for the S2000? What do I have to add to not get a cel light and most importantly - who will install these items in the Minneapolis - St. Paul area?

By best I mean most performance gain - not loudest. I really don't want the car calling-all- cops loud.

Thanks...
Old 06-25-2007, 11:18 AM

Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

Any muffler/exhaust shop will be able to do the install for you in a few minutes.

Normally this is where I would make a smart ass comment... (I'll save it for moonliver this time)

Best of luck on your test pipe
Old 06-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,873 Likes on 2,084 Posts

Old 06-25-2007, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either the Megan or Berk is your best bet, I believe there is a Megan for sale in the classifieds right now for $45. The older Megans like the one I have is resonated which keeps the tone down a bit. Berks have a built-in 02 simulator, but the Megans don't so you'll have to either make one or buy one (super easy and cheap). Testpipes are really easy to installed though, you might want to just consider doing it yourself. Do you already have a catback exhaust system?

For a good shop to use in the Minneapolis area check out Modern Automotive Performance, be sure to check out the Minnesota threads, we are organizing another dyno-day/cruise/BBQ.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:24 PM

Pushin - Thanks for researching the links for me and resisting the urge to make a smart ass comment. I read them.

S2Kracka - Thanks for the specific recommendation. Sounds like I should go with the Berks. I'll have MAP install it for me (for off road use of course ). Every muffler shop I call on my side of town tells me it's a violation of federal law and they won't touch it.

GV
Old 06-25-2007, 04:12 PM

I liked the berk because it had everything you needed. Already had the o2 sensor plug bung ready to go.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by GVFlyer,Jun 25 2007, 03:24 PM
Every muffler shop I call on my side of town tells me it's a violation of federal law and they won't touch it.

take your cat off yourself and bring it to a muffler shop. then ask them to duplicate it using a straight pipe.
this way, they are doing nothing wrong or illegal. all they're doing is using your stock cat for measurements.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:32 PM

i have the berks and have never thrown a cel. i did the install myself and it took at most 30 min.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Invidia makes a real nice Test Pipe. ooks good and makes the Invidia cat back sound even better with less Drone.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:13 PM

I sure am slow these days. I saw the topic and expected one reply from urmil:

"Try the search"

and then a thread lock.

I suggest that you drill the ceramic material and metal out of your cat. I did this to my car, it took only a couple minutes and it doubles as a resonator because of its size. also if you get pulled over and they have a mirror, they will see a real cat. minus insides. then, get a craigs list hooker, and let her/?him do you greek bareback.

Quick Reply: Best Test Pipe?