Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

best pizza place in chi-town?

Old 12-07-2004, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KGirl,Dec 7 2004, 09:00 AM
If you're going to be downtown, I'm going to vote for Pizzeria Uno (619 N. Wabash) or Due (29 E. Ohio.) The other Uno's are not the same quality as these. After Uno's downtown, I'd vote for Gino's East or Lou Malnati's.
unos has to be my fav downtown pizzaria...
Old 12-07-2004, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by ProV1,Dec 7 2004, 12:31 AM
btw, is 'phoenix restaurant' in chinatown the best chinese joint? do they have dimsum only?
as for chinatown.. the best dimsum restaurant is shu wah..(located in chinatown square.) joy yee in the square is also a very hip, diverse place to eat some good asian food..(they also have one of the best freshfruit smoothies/freeze in town..)
Old 12-07-2004, 06:24 AM

chalk up another vote for Lou's
Old 12-07-2004, 07:28 AM

Chicago Pizza Oven - different but damn good... It's on Clark near the north side.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:40 AM

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hecash,Dec 7 2004, 09:34 AM
Where the hell are all you folks coming from? Let's have a meet at Pompei Pizza on Taylor street in Little Italy. I challange anybody (Malnati or otherwise) to tell me that it's not the best damn authentic pizza between the Mississippi River and New York City.

If anybody thinks that on a scale of "bad-mediocre-good-better-best" give it a rating of good or lower, I'll eat my hat.
I am always willing to try new stuff.

Does anyone remember Bartuchis in Schaumberg? They changed it to Connies Pizza Kitchen. Bartucis pizza was the best I ever had in Illinois.

And what the hell is this Genos crap?

OMG that is ungodly, not only that since it is a chain have you eaten at the one in Libertyville?

It's disgusting, they pour a can of tomato sauce on top a layer sludgey cheese, gross.

What kind of pizza does Pompei Pizza specialize in Harry?
Old 12-07-2004, 09:10 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Forget the Chicago chophouse....theyhave good meat, but for great steak, go over to Eli's (yes, the cheesecake people). They make better steaks than they do cheesecake, and I'm not saying they have bad cheesecake.

The Signature room food is good (at best), the liquor is overdone, but for ambience and locale, Signature room can't be beat.

My vote for best deep dish pizza is dependant on where you will be in town. If you're in the burb's, Lou Malnati's hands down!!! Make sure you order the sausage patty, with garlic, and butter crust. Put it down with either a Goose Island brew, or if nothing better, an MGD. That pizza comibination with a smooth beer is the best.

Depending on how long you're in town, there are many other spots to try. Definitely don't leave without having a Chicago-style hotdog (char-style), some variation of a Frango dessert, or visiting the Chicago s2000 guys.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by hecash,Dec 7 2004, 11:34 AM
Where the hell are all you folks coming from? Let's have a meet at Pompei Pizza on Taylor street in Little Italy. I challange anybody (Malnati or otherwise) to tell me that it's not the best damn authentic pizza between the Mississippi River and New York City.

If anybody thinks that on a scale of "bad-mediocre-good-better-best" give it a rating of good or lower, I'll eat my hat.
Harry,

your challenge for finding an authetic pizza is not accepted. The conversation is for authentic CHICAGO-style deep dish pizza. I challenge you to find a better deep dish maker in the whole nation than what we have here in the best city in the nation!!!

And good sir, your Boston roots are showing; that is not appreciated in a classy city like this. The only bad thing anyone can talk about Chicago has nothing to do with food.....it's our city politics (which is the reason we are known as the windy city).
Old 12-07-2004, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by pjonkheer,Dec 7 2004, 10:28 AM
Chicago Pizza Oven - different but damn good... It's on Clark near the north side.
Hmmm.....oven grinders.....great stuff!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:42 AM

dudes we'll be staying at hyatt regency on wacker but will be also in schaumberg (going to ikea store)

btw scored the room at incredible price on priceline.com!!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by profpin,Dec 7 2004, 09:18 AM
as for chinatown.. the best dimsum restaurant is shu wah..(located in chinatown square.) joy yee in the square is also a very hip, diverse place to eat some good asian food..(they also have one of the best freshfruit smoothies/freeze in town..)
JOY YEE

Quick Reply: best pizza place in chi-town?