Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Aug 26 : MAM Lapping Event

Old 08-04-2006, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Aug 26 : MAM Lapping Event

Hey people
www.findtheline.com is hosting a lapping event at MAM (MidAmericaMotorplex) Aug 26th. There is a minimum of 30 cars needed. For those who dont konw, the track is close to the IA/NE border.

The plan is to leave Chicago Friday afternoon and drive to Des Monies where we would either stay at my friend's house and drive to the track at 5am Saturday morning or get to my friend's house, hang out for a bit and drive to the track friday evening and sleep at a local hotel. Saturday morning we get to the track at around 7:15am and have fun untill 5pm. After the event we either drive straight home or drive back to my buddy, sleep and go back home Sunday morning.

The entry fee for the event is $150.00. So far there is about 15 people signed up and we are trying to get more people to go. I know it's kinda last minute, but I hope we'll be able to fill 30 spots. It's a weekend event so most people shouldnt have any problems getting a day of .

all the track junkies SIGN UP! It's gonna be a fun weekend

The format is as follows:

8:00 am
Mandatory drivers meeting to discuss track rules.

8:30 am
Parade lap, all drivers. An attempt will be made to space experienced cars along the line to help show the new drivers the 'line'.

9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Open lapping starting with group A and switching every 15-20 minutes.

12:00 - 1:00 pm
Lunch break, 1 hour. Eat, talk about how fast you were, bleed breaks, clean your underwear from the last session, et, et. The track has a small concession stand to get food during lunch time (food not included in this price).

1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Open lapping starting with the group that was up right before the lunch break started. The two groups may be combined as cars leave for the day.

5:00 pm
Clean up and head out.

Notes:
The registered driver is the only one allowed to drive the car on the track. Passengers are allowed with proper safety equipment (properly rated helmet, working safety belt, et).

Newer drivers:
Along with the instructor for the drivers that requested instruction, there will be some very skilled drivers in the A group that will take you as a passenger to show you the line. Use this opportunity to get rides from skilled drivers and even ask them to ride along with you, this will greatly improve your driving skill.

if you have any questions or need more detials post here or PM me
Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 AM

sounds like a good time unfortunately I will not be able to attend due to the fact my car will be in pieces that weekend.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:25 AM

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! get it in pieces this weekend or next weekend and have it ready for the 26th
Old 08-04-2006, 12:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to this event earlier this year. I had the most fun ever. The track is relatively flat, which some might not think is that interesting, but the nice thing about it, especially if you are a beginner is that there is absolutely nothing to hit, no walls, barriers, dirt mounds, nothing. It was an amazing day, first time I ever took my new S to the track. Plus Damian the guy who puts the event on (one lap of america FD RX-7) is a great guy, who'll help you if you need to learn. The only thing that sucked about the event was the twelve hour drive.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:15 PM

so are you in?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Me ^?

No, i have no money to go that far again this summer, the future going to be wife wouldn't like the idea a couple weeks before our wedding ($$$), plus I need tires before I spend any money on other stuff at all.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:48 PM

nobody wants to go a track event
Old 08-08-2006, 08:54 AM

I think it being only 20 mins from Omaha might have something to do with it.

There is a closer track day on the 28th at Gingerman that I'll probably be attending.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all, I second the endorsement(s) of this event. The track is technically challenging, much like Gingerman and/or Joliet, yet extremely safe from a runoff area perspective.

Damian is a great guy, and you will likely have more track time than you can handle due to the limited number of cars.

This will be my second time at this track, and I'll be doing lots of test and tune with my new KW3's.

Come on out, it'll be a great time.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:57 AM

hey, are you gonna be there, if so do you wanna drive together?

Quick Reply: Aug 26 : MAM Lapping Event