Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Any South Dakota owners?

Old 10-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Any South Dakota owners?

Hey guys I was just wondering if there are any Sd owners here. I am currently in Rapid City and I know there are a few of you here that I have seen driving around.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup there's a few of us around here. We've also had a number of S2K groups come through the Black Hills in years past.

I've recently retired and have taken my sled on a good number of road trips.

--Bob
Old 10-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Member (Premium)

ahh cool, i just moved up here from florida and enjoyed the s2k community over there and would love to meet a few of you here and maybe enjoy some drives too
Old 11-06-2007, 04:06 PM

ZSAK,

I think I've only seen one S2K operating during the winter around here. Everyone else puts theirs away for the winter. Mine went into storage on Halloween Day.

I'm in Whispering Pines. I know of another in Countryside (Judge's wife?). There were at least two at Ellsworth AFB. A young man who attends school in Nebraska bought his here and is visible during the summer locally. There's a doctor in the Spearfish area (?) who is on his second having totaled his first in a spin out in the rain. There's another couple around too I believe but that's it as far as I know. You'd probably get a better read by checking in with the folks at Rushmore Honda.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Member (Premium)

ya i am in the process in doing that as well, however what do you guys do to store it for winter. i do have a garage at the apt but its not heated. Any suggestions. So far I got the oil changed and put my stock wheels back on for storage. I am gonna wash it and vacuum it in a few days as well. Do i need to do anything with the fuel?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:18 PM

ZSAK,

I have the extra garage space so it's not a big issue. Look at this picture of my engine bay and you'll see a green knob on the battery. It allows me to disconnect the battery in place. Lots of other folks pull it and store it inside their homes. You could add Stabl to your gas but I usually don't bother other than to fill the tank.

Check out this post from the FAQ area:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247621

I don't do all of this but it's pretty solid advice.

S2000 Winter Storage

The information presented in this document has been gleaned from several posts on the web site www.s2ki.com.
1. Change the oil and filter, unless you are still within the
Old 11-15-2007, 08:05 PM

ZSAK,

How did the hibernation efforts go? Which hotel do you manage locally?

--Bob
Old 11-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Member (Premium)

well my hibernation is doing good, i am back in florida for a few weeks
I think i got the car st up pretty good, i just washed it, waxed it, cleaned the interior , added some fuel stbalizer for the little fuel i have, and pulled the battery. Oh ya also mothballed the garage and put towels in the exhaust and front bumper and covered it all up. Oh ya we own the Dakota Pines Inn on LaCrosse ST. WHat do you do by the way?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:05 AM

Zsak,

Glad to hear the car has been put up properly. Ah, I know the place on LaCrosse

I retired earlier this year from EAFB. Previously I retired as a mustang naval officer.

--Bob
Old 11-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Member (Premium)

I actually have a good friend of mine in the Navy right now. He went to the academy and now is a A3 pilot (I believe) stationed in Jax. He is about to transfer into being an F18 pilot next year. He was always trying to get me to come with him to the academy, however i have always been a business man so I stuck with that lol. If you ever get a chance certainly stop by the hotel usually you will see my s2k out there or my wife's silver wrx. It would be fun to do a group meet in the summer time with several s2ks around the area. At least now they will have a place to stay

Quick Reply: Any South Dakota owners?