Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin
View Poll Results: I need to replace the cushions/covers of the CR seat. Should I go aftermarket or stick with OEM CR
Aftermarket seats! Use the extra money to get a hardtop hoist, hardtop stand, new tires, do some maintenance on the car, get it detailed, pay for track time, get the damaged seats reupholstered, or a combination of any of these things.
0%
Stick with OEM CR seats. It's a CR and it's dialed-in so well out of the box, that the appeal is lost with non-OEM parts. Idiot...I can't believe you'd even ask this quesiton.
28.57%
Both 1 & 2... I like to have my cake and eat it too.
71.43%
S2000 CR? What a shit-wagon! Just total and it and replace it with a cat wearing a harness...it's about the same torque specs anyway.
0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Aftermarket Seats versus OEM CR Seats

Old 05-26-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Seats versus OEM CR Seats

UPDATE: I updated the poll based on Sam's reply below...

Hello Everyone -

As you may or may not know, my car was recently vandalized. Given that the seat cushions and covers need to be replaced, I am at a crossroads regarding which path to take during seat repair/replacement. Hence, the poll. I think I summarized the options well enough in the poll, but feel free to ask me any questions you may have about my thoughts or the car.

Finally... Are there any Chicagoans with aftermarket seats that wouldn't mind meeting me to let me sit and feel their aftermarket seats? I'm open to make, model, etc. Recaro Pole Positions seem a popular choice, but given the current recall I'm not sure that's a good direction to go. Any other thoughts or suggestions?
Old 05-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,865 Likes on 2,077 Posts

Both.

Yours is a CR, it should have the CR seats, or at least have them for when/if you sell it. A CR without the stock seats would reduce the value a lot. Try to find a set used on here for sale, they do come up time to time, I've seen them for around $1200-1500 for the pair.

I have Pole Positions in mine and love them, they are more comfortable then the OEM seats and I don't get fatigued any more after/during long drives.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:28 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,865 Likes on 2,077 Posts

Voted since you updated the poll
Old 05-27-2015, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The results of this poll appear to be unanimous among all voters...all one of them.

Edit: Snap. I didn't see the results before posting the above. All 3. Thanks guys!
Old 05-27-2015, 06:01 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm with Sam. Use the insurance money on stock seats. Really need those long term. Just store them for resale.

If you want some aftermarket, get pole positions. With Recaro removing the FIA certification, there will probably be a bunch of ex-track car seats for sale cheapish. Fabric might be rough, but shells will be OK. Then go all Mocky, and get the pole positions covered in CR fabric. Best of both worlds.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rahul, sorry to hear!..