Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

2005 Season, Tech Session 1: Basic Detail day

Old 03-29-2005, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the owner of the Suzuka in the pictures, I can say that the fuzzy blue seat covers have found a new home on an MDX belonging to a friend........The new seat covers are purple.

Anyway, I'll be there on Sat. too, but without the S2K. Alas, it got bumped by a semi yesterday and will be in the shop. Wouldn't you know it, the first day it's out of the garage for the summer and it gets crunched.

As an aside to ap1chick if you care about your nails, you might want to bring some rubber gloves. I like the latex surgical type for detailing. The chemicals and stuff are brutal on your nails.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:57 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

[QUOTE=S2KGirl,Mar 29 2005, 02:35 PM] ...Alas, it got bumped by a semi yesterday and will be in the shop.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:00 PM

Luder94,
Matt (bf to a certain Suzuka owner with blue furry seat covers),
Taxman,
Reviano,
benighted,
AP1chick,
S2Kgirl

Maybe's
Radzio,
S2000GT,
Ruex67,
Max21,
youngjun91
Old 03-29-2005, 12:09 PM

I expect this should go until 3pm, maybe later.

Since there was no request to get a "detailer's package" set up with my local Wal-Mart, I did not set one up.

I suggest bringing: wash mitt or sponge, car wash soap, bucket (if you have it), some sort of drying chamois, cleaner and protectant wax, clay bar (if you want to bring one), and a polish or swirl remover.

I'll go over washing and drying basics. After which, I will show those with clay how to use it. From there, we'll go to cleaner wax, polish, and protectant.

Also, don't forget to bring food and drink. I will provide 100% beef burgers and buns. I have plenty of ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, and lettuce.

Hot dogs, soda, hot dog buns, and any sort of sausages go good at our meets. I'll ask my wife if she can whip up something vegetarian for those non-carnivores in our group.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by S2KGirl,Mar 29 2005, 12:35 PM
As the owner of the Suzuka in the pictures, I can say that the fuzzy blue seat covers have found a new home on an MDX belonging to a friend........The new seat covers are purple.

Anyway, I'll be there on Sat. too, but without the S2K. Alas, it got bumped by a semi yesterday and will be in the shop. Wouldn't you know it, the first day it's out of the garage for the summer and it gets crunched.

As an aside to ap1chick if you care about your nails, you might want to bring some rubber gloves. I like the latex surgical type for detailing. The chemicals and stuff are brutal on your nails.
Thanks for the tip but my nails are pretty messed up as it is Also, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to the S. Kelly right? well my name is Angela...nice to meet you Hopefully Ill be able to make it out Saturday n meet u in person as well.
Oh by the way, purples a great color!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Luder94,Mar 29 2005, 02:57 PM
Looks like you're not the only owner to take the car out of storage just to get into a chance "meeting" with another solid object.
Now im getting worried about bringing out the car....first Mark, now Kelly.....
you know they say everything happens in threes....
Old 03-30-2005, 05:33 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, Lee you take your car out FIRST. I don't wanna be next.

I will not be able to participate in the detailing fun. IF I can gather all the pieces back together in one place for long enough I should be able to cobble together a running S2000, but my guess is that it would be late in the day. If I get her running, I'll drop by to say hey.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:28 PM

Pruhnke,

I think you wanted to sign up on this thread.....Zaino is an area of expertise for me. However, the tediousness of the "system" led me to Einszett.

Bring the stuff with you, and I will definitely see what you can do and give you pointers/corrections from where you are.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:25 PM

hey luder, please put me down as a maybe. i have to catch chus & ceballos (some spanish djs from madrid woohoo) at sound-bar friday night...so i don't know how functional i will be that early in the morning. haha but i will try to make it, and i will bring food if i do.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Urmil, thanks for the redirect see you Saturday.

Quick Reply: 2005 Season, Tech Session 1: Basic Detail day