UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

Sky Insurance

Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife has insurance through Sky. I spoke to one of their people about insuring my car and was told it was no problem. Was even given a decent price. When I tried to sign up I was told that no, they would not insure me which caused a big problem and wasted a huge amount of my time. I then went to a different broker that was incredibly helpful and beat my renew quote by miles.

Needless to say,when my wife's car is due for renewal we will be going elsewhere and not using Sky.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by gt750boy
My wife has insurance through Sky. I spoke to one of their people about insuring my car and was told it was no problem. Was even given a decent price. When I tried to sign up I was told that no, they would not insure me which caused a big problem and wasted a huge amount of my time. I then went to a different broker that was incredibly helpful and beat my renew quote by miles.

Needless to say,when my wife's car is due for renewal we will be going elsewhere and not using Sky.
Hi,

I am sorry to hear this, it is hard to offer a reply without knowing the full details, you are very welcome to PM me your surname and postcode so I can look into this for you.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Old 03-17-2012, 08:14 AM

Just got cut up by some old idiot who was very rowdy, This was the email I sent to Sky, What you think? Is it enough? Have I worded everything up ok?
This is so annoying... I attached the photos for you guys to see too.

"Hello guys

I was involved in an accident today where I got cut up. I have attached a photo and the same with a diagram of how it happened in the email.
He was a very rowdy man and was very reluctant to give out his details. I have been in touch with the police and all they said was that if the
details that he did give me were not sufficient to be in contact then they would be able to act on it.

I have also been in touch with Aviva (Norwich Union) his insurer however their systems are down until Sunday 8am. So I can't confirm his details
Or even if he is insured with them. I did however take a photo of his reg and I managed to squeeze out of him that he was insured with Norwich and his surname.

The collision was with my passenger front wing with his driver side rear door. He squeezed in and cut me up and as his rear swung in it glanced my front wing and bumper
as he wanted to get into my lane to go to Tescos. Please see attached photos.

Police record reference: 02**/1***

Police name and badge number: John C****

My details are:

Joey Tsang
AY*****
Yellow Honda S2000
Number address road ****
OX******

0777*********

His were:

Mr. Slade
OU*****
Green Ford Mondeo
Norwich Union

Please let me know what action I should be taking as this is very frustrating that not only did he cut me up but then had the audacity to blame me, scream and shout
profanities at me.

Thank you in advance,

Joey Tsang"

Old 03-17-2012, 10:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

awwww frick Zeb, sorry to hear about the accident. How bad is the damage?
Old 03-17-2012, 10:59 AM

It's like a 2p size dent and 5 inch scuff on the bumper. Nothing major, I'm having the thing painted championship white in a month so that's ok. The fact is he had the audacity to cut me up and then say it was my fault when I was perfectly square and regular with the car in it's whole in MY lane.

That pee'd me off.

You think my email is comprehensive enough?
Old 03-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Banned

And what good would that do? Your company wasted a huge amount of my time and I missed be uninsured by about six hours. Luckily I found some great folks at Competition Car Insurance who helped me out, gave me a great quote, and were able to start up the policy on the same day. Not only have you lost my business but you will loose any business that mates would have sent to you.

Originally Posted by Sky Insurance
Originally Posted by gt750boy' timestamp='1331869840' post='21513506

Hi,

I am sorry to hear this, it is hard to offer a reply without knowing the full details, you are very welcome to PM me your surname and postcode so I can look into this for you.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Old 03-18-2012, 08:09 AM

And what good would that do? Your company wasted a huge amount of my time and I missed be uninsured by about six hours. Luckily I found some great folks at Competition Car Insurance who helped me out, gave me a great quote, and were able to start up the policy on the same day. Not only have you lost my business but you will loose any business that mates would have sent to you.
Wow that's harsh lol. To be honest though your renewal quotes are pretty rubbish. I stayed with you guys just cos it was easy as I wouldn't have to go through thte whole posting no claims etc. but I coulda got cheaper.

I also got a year of no claims with admiral that you didn't let me add on to my policy with you.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:44 AM

It was a polite request for you to let me know further details so I can have a look at the issue and offer a reply. It is of course , up to you.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Banned

But after I have stated that I went with someone else, why would you think I wanted a reply? Surely this shows my commitment to move my business elsewhere and unless you are going to offer me some incredible inducement and promises of future riches you should just let this drop.

Originally Posted by Sky Insurance
Originally Posted by gt750boy' timestamp='1332024187' post='21518558
It was a polite request for you to let me know further details so I can have a look at the issue and offer a reply. It is of course , up to you.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Old 03-20-2012, 03:10 AM

just let this drop.
No problem.

Quick Reply: Sky Insurance