UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

Sky Insurance

Old 03-07-2012, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

just to let you know that we have reviewed the online quotation facility we have had live for the last couple of months due to some feedback we have received over our network of affiliated car clubs. Despite hundreds of people getting online quotes with us everyday, we've had issues with our full online quotation, as it stands we have removed this so only our 'quick quotation' facility is currently live. As it stands, we cannot provide confirmed quotations unless we speak to customers over the telephone, telephone quotations take no longer than ten minutes usually.
If you are after a very quick and rough indicative price then you are welcome to use the 'quick quote option' but please speak to us on the phone to go through a full quotation.

Links:

Car Club Scheme:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Quick quote and call back request:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/insurance-quote.html

Thanks for reading and feel free to have a look around our website!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 AM

Just got a good quote from Sky. It was cheapest by about £200 ! Very helpful.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM

Insurance sorted today thanks to Luke at sky.

Very pleasant to deal with and a very good quote too. Im feeling glad i gave sky a go .

On a funny note, on cancelling the old insurers renewal they gave me a quote to better it and keep my custom, i pleasently expressed that instead of bumping it up each year and trying it on for a ' valid' customer the first price should be the best price end of.

Thanks Sky

Martin
Old 03-08-2012, 08:44 AM

My renewal from Sky this month was £840. I got an online quote of £695 from Admiral and when I phoned up to ask if Sky could price match, I was told that Admiral's online quotes were "not accurate" and that I had to phone Admiral to confirm the price. The guy was remarkably unhelpful, but I'm not going to give his name as he might have just been having a bad day.

After phoning Admiral and wasting half of my afternoon (at work, fortunately), I was told that Admiral's online quotations are accurate.

I rang Sky back again to ask if they could match Admiral's quote - Luckily this time I got through to Alex who was brilliant to deal with and did match the price for me, no problem.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, I just wanted to get it off my chest. Sky are the best insurers I've dealt with though and I'm glad they could match my best quote.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar experience when I called Sky last week. I was told that my quote with Elephant of £566 was not accurate and was then quoted £792 by the agent at Sky. Now I've used online price comparison sites for years now and each time they have been 100% accurate so I have no idea who that particular agent was that I dealt with but obviously the quote wasn't competitive. For the record all my mods in my signature were declared.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I got a quote from Sky last week but they were still £40 more than my renewal quotation from Chris Knott.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:42 AM

Just insured my S2000 with Luke at Sky today also. He was very helpful and got it all sorted for me very quickly. Sorry I couldn't keep the staying out of vtec promise!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by LawrieSS2
My renewal from Sky this month was £840. I got an online quote of £695 from Admiral and when I phoned up to ask if Sky could price match, I was told that Admiral's online quotes were "not accurate" and that I had to phone Admiral to confirm the price. The guy was remarkably unhelpful, but I'm not going to give his name as he might have just been having a bad day.

After phoning Admiral and wasting half of my afternoon (at work, fortunately), I was told that Admiral's online quotations are accurate.

I rang Sky back again to ask if they could match Admiral's quote - Luckily this time I got through to Alex who was brilliant to deal with and did match the price for me, no problem.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, I just wanted to get it off my chest. Sky are the best insurers I've dealt with though and I'm glad they could match my best quote.
Just picking up on this. I'm going to look into this further to see if we have a training issue that needs addressing. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Whilst our renewals team are asked to query and double check internet prices when we are utilising our price match service, they are not meant to rubbish them. We do find that a lot of quotations we are asked to match are in fact wrong or offer a substandard level of cover with high excesses. We can only match like for like quotations, hence why this was queried, but it sounds like it was not queried in the way it should have been.

I am pleased to see you have stayed with us, I've passed your feedback on to my colleague Alex and the renewals team manager.

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Old 03-13-2012, 11:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sky Insurance
Originally Posted by LawrieSS2' timestamp='1331228693' post='21490038

Just picking up on this. I'm going to look into this further to see if we have a training issue that needs addressing. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Whilst our renewals team are asked to query and double check internet prices when we are utilising our price match service, they are not meant to rubbish them. We do find that a lot of quotations we are asked to match are in fact wrong or offer a substandard level of cover with high excesses. We can only match like for like quotations, hence why this was queried, but it sounds like it was not queried in the way it should have been.

I am pleased to see you have stayed with us, I've passed your feedback on to my colleague Alex and the renewals team manager.

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Ollie can you look into mine as well please as I had the same situation which I described in my post above. I need to re-insure by the 21st so am wanting to make a move on it this week.

Thanks. Alex
Old 03-14-2012, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Floppy
Ollie can you look into mine as well please as I had the same situation which I described in my post above. I need to re-insure by the 21st so am wanting to make a move on it this week.

Thanks. Alex
Hi Alex,

I've dropped you a PM.

Thanks

Ollie

Quick Reply: Sky Insurance