UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

Genuine Mats from WB Performance!

Old 08-27-2016 | 12:45 PM
5 Year Member

I'm trying to understand how to install these mats. I find the directions confusing. Are they asking me to cut slits in the carpet of my s2k?
Old 08-28-2016 | 06:17 AM

^ yes. Small slit and peel back some to screw in bracket.
Old 08-28-2016 | 08:05 AM
5 Year Member

I had some time today so I tried to do this install in my 02 (ap1) s2k with existing factory mats. Here is what I ran into.

Passenger Side -

The instructions that come with these mats reference existing slits in the carpet on the passenger side and direct you to enlarge the slits to make a small flap so you can fold back the carpet over holes in the frame crossmember and install nylon screw inserts. My s2k does not have any existing slits on the passenger side. I searched and searched - no existing slits to enlarge. As a result it is not immediately apparent exactly where the holes in the crossmember are located. I was reluctant to start guessing and slitting up my carpet. Instead I set the front portion of the mat in place which has grommets that should line up with the new brackets and that helps located the approximate location of the holes in the frame. I then used a thin sharp probe and pushed into down into the carpet in the areas where the frame holes should be. No luck. I found a big round hole near the outside frame member, but I could not located any square holes in the area where they should be based on the location of the mat grommets and as shown in pictures posted elsewhere in this thread. At that point I considered drilling small pilot holes thru the carpet into the cross frame member to accept the self tapping screws supplied. Before doing that though I paused and installed the mats without screwing the bracket down. They are "ok" like that. But, I sure would prefer to have the brackets screwed down. Have any of you had a similar experience? How did you end up screwing down the passenger side brackets?

Drivers Side -

On the drivers side it was necessary to remove the existing OEM brackets. The carpet did have slits in that area presumably cut at time of manufacture or maybe by the dealer when the original oem half mat was installed. But the slits are not at all like the directions describe. I was able to feel the screw mounting points under the carpet and I cut a very small slit to expose the screw head. I removed the screw and the existing brackets easily and then used the original screw and nylon insert and installed the new brackets over the carpet . This worked well and the drivers side is looking good.

General impression -

These mats are really good and they provide much more protection especially along the cross frame member which is a bad carpet wear point if not covered. Highly recommended. I am very happy with them. My s2k has really low miles and the carpet is in excellent shape. These mats will help me keep it that way. I bought a second set to store and use down the road when these wear out. I wish the install process was a little clearer.
Old 08-28-2016 | 12:51 PM

Hey Si, what does a RHD owner with blue carpets do?
Old 08-29-2016 | 07:39 AM

1 set of red Lhd sent to 92064 please.
Old 08-29-2016 | 08:25 AM
UK Trader

Originally Posted by Memo6453
^ yes. Small slit and peel back some to screw in bracket.
I think the latter cars had the slits pre cut into the carpets!

Originally Posted by rpg51
General impression -

These mats are really good and they provide much more protection especially along the cross frame member which is a bad carpet wear point if not covered. Highly recommended. I am very happy with them. My s2k has really low miles and the carpet is in excellent shape. These mats will help me keep it that way. I bought a second set to store and use down the road when these wear out. I wish the install process was a little clearer.
Thanks for the review and Feedback - some people have experienced similar issues on early models - the latter cars are normally fine. I'm sure someone on here will fire a PM on how they managed to get round the issues you had.

Originally Posted by Halfbee
Hey Si, what does a RHD owner with blue carpets do?
Buy the Black ones Sorry - Honda only offer us the Red & Black.

Originally Posted by Msberg911
1 set of red Lhd sent to 92064 please.
We have stock available

http://www.hendyeshop.co.uk/genuine-...et-26740-p.asp
Old 10-18-2016 | 09:59 AM

Ordered, thanks to this thread!
Old 10-18-2016 | 11:38 AM
UK Trader

Originally Posted by 604Stook
Ordered, thanks to this thread!
Thanks for the order!!
Old 10-25-2016 | 05:42 AM

Just about to order these but it says inc delivery on here but is trying to charge me on the site, Is there a code?
Old 10-25-2016 | 03:10 PM
UK Trader

Originally Posted by siwil1
Just about to order these but it says inc delivery on here but is trying to charge me on the site, Is there a code?
Free UK Shipping with the following discount code:-

FREESHIP

Quick Reply: Genuine Mats from WB Performance!