UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

AD08 now available at DMS

Old 09-13-2010, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Sep 13 2010, 10:38 PM
Clearly not, as it finished 6th out of 9, behind the RE050a of all things.

Having said that, the dry performance is something which makes this tyre well worth considering and it certainly hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for giving them a go if they appear in the right sizes for me.

The realtive ease of aquaplaning is certainly worth remembering if these are fitted to an S2000 though.
Simon I have perhaps more experience of Japanese high performance tyres than anyone else on this board bar perhaps Dixon, I am telling you they will be miles better than your RE050 in most conditions PERIOD.

The test data is meaningless and as so far all users have reported massive improvements to include wet weather driving

As per your Gaz shocks, pay peanuts get monkeys
Old 09-13-2010, 07:06 AM

I am not sure who was their test driver but they found Continental CC3 brake better than AD08 in the dry?! That tyres were a joke, I did tuition at Brands hatch with a customer Z4M with this tyres on, I though he was on budget tyres.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dixon Motorsports,Sep 13 2010, 11:06 PM
I am not sure who was their test driver but they found Continental CC3 brake better than AD08 in the dry?! That tyres were a joke, I did tuition at Brands hatch with a customer Z4M with this tyres on, I though he was on budget tyres.
but forget it as he likes his stats, tried telling him countless times and I am sure there is little chance Yoko will bring these in 16" S2000 sizes and he doesnt want to pay for 17" wheels so its a pointless discussion. I am sure Chris will be along shortly and he seems to respect his opinion more
Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by MUG3N,Sep 13 2010, 03:56 PM
Simon I have perhaps more experience of Japanese high performance tyres than anyone else on this board bar perhaps Dixon, I am telling you they will be miles better than your RE050 in most conditions PERIOD.

The test data is meaningless and as so far all users have reported massive improvements to include wet weather driving

As per your Gaz shocks, pay peanuts get monkeys
I don't have RE050 tyres, I have RE050a tyres

The AD08s aren't much more expensive than my RE050as, which is why I'm still interested. Camskill offer the 205/55 R16 fronts for £91 a tyre, which is only a tenner more than I pay for the RE050a.

Why would the test data be meaningless, given it's carried out repeatedly under controlled conditions? If it is meaningless, then the finding that the AD08s offer the quickest lap times in the dry comes under question. You can't have it both ways.

All users haven't reported they are better in wet conditions, as evidenced by that independent report.

I'm still hoping that Yokohama bring some of these tyres in the sizes I require as i'd like to try them out. If not, it's not the end of the world.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Sep 13 2010, 11:24 PM
I'm still hoping that Yokohama bring some of these tyres in the sizes I require as i'd like to try them out. If not, it's not the end of the world.
I doubt that will happen so you can save yourself forty or so quid

EDIT: see you have resorted to deleting posts now
Old 09-13-2010, 07:48 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Still no explanation as to why you think the test data is meaningless.

I am slightly mystified at the hostility towards some test results which may inform buyers about the product being sold here.

If and when I obtain some of these tyres, I'll be mindful of the test results, particularly with regards to aquaplaning and general wet weather performance. i'll also be mindful of the dry performance results which will allow for more speed in those conditions.

No different to the approach I took with the old S02s which weren't as good in the wet as the RE050as, in my subjective opinion.

I've no doubt the AD08s are better in both the wet and the dry than the S02s, but may not be as good in the wet as the RE050as.

In other words, all useful consumer advice and information.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just had a set of these put on my car a couple of days ago, havent really had the chance to 'test' them out properly yet, although of the small amount of hard driving i've done over the last couple of evenings they do feel pretty good and quite sticky. I wouldnt say they have made my acceleration feel quicker as i never lost traction before, but cornering hard on a local roundabout does feel good and its given me more confidence in driving. I had my geo setup a month ago and that did make the biggest difference so this doesnt feel as much an improvement as that did. I need more time to get an idea as to what i really think.
But Simon, you're more than welcome to give the car a test at rockingham this Saturday if you like.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:36 AM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Sep 13 2010, 04:48 PM
Still no explanation as to why you think the test data is meaningless.

I am slightly mystified at the hostility towards some test results which may inform buyers about the product being sold here.
Simon, I would be mindful that the 'tyre test' was performed by journos for a car magazine. We all know how biased they can be towards certain car manufacturers.....

If Adrian has as much experience with JDM tyres as he says I would perhaps give his opinion just as much weight, afterall he has nothing to gain

Chris.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:46 AM

In case you don't trust his you can trust mine...lol

I won't sell crap here, I just sell what I will personally use on my own car. If its not up to my standard I won't even sell them.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=chrisr111,Sep 13 2010, 05:36 PM]
afterall he has nothing to gain

Quick Reply: AD08 now available at DMS