UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

AD08 now available at DMS

Old 11-04-2010, 04:14 AM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by razzele,Nov 4 2010, 02:19 AM
Cheers Dixon will do though I think Shit-Fit may have come through with a set fitted £1050!!

Ive heard the tyres are an absolute nighmare to fit without hacking the wheels. I hope they dont get marked.
Raz, since you are in the NE take them to Revolution in Gateshead--they usually do a good job.

FYI putting on RE070s is usually not that bad, but taking them off is very difficult. It took three tyre fitters (at the same time) to remove one from a wheel of one of my cars.

Chris.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wasn't easy we had a special training course at Pro-align(where we got our geometry machine) just to learn how to fit GTR wheels without leaving mark on it. 20 inch run flat is not the easiest tyres to change!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

RE70s fitted without any rim rippage and filled with N2.

Kwik-Fit (Jesmond-Cradlewell) did a great job to even get ahold of these tyres by the sound of it! Apparently when they did come up in stock the national distribution manager didnt want to send these tyres up north due to the rarity (crackers!) but the local guys fought my corner!

Dixon Im really not surprised that u need a special course to fit these tyres they are incredible stiff. They said to take it for a tyre warming run before trying to remove can help, so I set VDC to off and blasted around the coast road !!

Chris- Revolution can be very helpful and have nice equipment but its soo difficult to actually get a booking there !
Old 11-10-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I've had the AD08s a week and a half...

I'm really impressed how good these are in the wet, and in the cold. I had a pretty horendous 7am 100 mile drive both monday and tuesday this week, and these things don't seem to care and stick to the road anyway. And it must have been close to zero this evening, and still pleanty of grip. So if you're thinking these are trackday/summer tyres only and will kill you if there's some light drizzle, think again.

On the few occasions I've been able to try them in dry and mild conditions, they do stick like anything. But what's not so good is they do feel softer than the Bridgestones, and I miss the feel and feedback from the Bridgestones, although I'm not being objective because the geo was changed at the same time as fitting the tyres and that may be part of the reason. I'm sure they'll be better on track where the Bridgestones would tend to get a bit squirmy, but for warm dry days on the road, the RE050s could still be more fun if not ultimately faster tyre. But we'll see.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:45 PM

I will be interested in your wear rate on the Dembo, and I agree with you mostly on the tyres, I have now done approx 1500 miles on them, and they really are impressive wet or dry, cold or hot in my view too.

It's been a long time since I was on bridgestones, which in the summer time I always found them great, and especially enjoyed their hard tyre wall. However, unlike you I have not found any issues with the tyrewalls on the AD0's, I find them stiff enough, though definitely not as stiff as the BS tyres .. like you I like that in a tyre .... I will be intrigued by the mileage I get from them ... great fun though huh ?
Old 11-11-2010, 04:04 AM

Now we have 225.45.17 for the front instead of 215, if you want 215 you will have to wait until 4th Dec.

Price will be the same and we now have 10 sets in stock at Yokohama.

Dixon
Old 11-11-2010, 12:03 PM

Hi Dixon,

Hows the Diff build coming along ? I would like a set of the AD08s as well please. The 225/45/17 fronts will be perfect and 245/40/17 for the rear. Could you pm me price/ delivery details please.

Cheers,

Adrian.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:49 AM

Pm'ed and Price/size updated on the first page. I think the 225 setup is actually better on the S2000 as well.

Only 5 sets we have now, so be quick before the VAT raise in Jan.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by punchdrunk,Sep 21 2010, 04:15 PM
The test for these tyres will be below 5C ambient.

First proper icy start at 7am this morning.

No problem whatsoever.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:57 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Got some nice fishtails out of a fast roundabout last night.

I'm really quite impressed with the cold grip.

Quick Reply: AD08 now available at DMS