UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

AD08 now available at DMS

Old 09-13-2010, 09:50 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Dixon Motorsports,Sep 13 2010, 05:46 PM
In case you don't trust his you can trust mine...lol

I won't sell crap here, I just sell what I will personally use on my own car. If its not up to my standard I won't even sell them.
Dixon, like I say, I'd love to try some of these on my car, if they become available. I've no doubt they are very, very good tyres.

Jay, a passenger ride would be great, and I'm happy to reciprocate

Chris, the journos rated the AD08 the best tyre in the dry, as well as in their subjective test. Make of that what you will, you can choose to believe them or not. I choose to believe them, but one also has to take into account the areas where the tyres didn't perform as well as some others.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to add a little more of my experience so far, my MR2 turbo mate was following us on the devils bridge run and he was really struggling to keep up the pace with us, even wth 400+ BHP. He was behind me and he noticed and commented later how little I was having to brake, and cornering just like the westfields (most of those were on YokoHama rubber too ... the Elise tyre I think ?) and simply turning into corners. This wasn't reckless driving on my part, I simply found I could turn in to a lot of corners I would normally have braked for on previous tyres. The weather condtions were very changeable the roads damp, dry, and very wet at times, and not once did the back end misbehave. The front steering was also impressive, I didn't find any under-steer at any stages. I have driven over 25000 miles in the S now, on several brands of tyre, including Bridgestone REO50MZ, Falken 452 and TOYO T1R's, none of those tyres gave me the positive confidence of this YOKO AD08 tyre, it really is exceptional in my view .... so far but I still have a lot of miles to do on them yet.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:12 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut,Sep 13 2010, 07:08 PM
Just to add a little more of my experience so far, my MR2 turbo mate was following us on the devils bridge run and he was really struggling to keep up the pace with us, even wth 400+ BHP. He was behind me and he noticed and commented later how little I was having to brake, and cornering just like the westfields (most of those were on YokoHama rubber too ... the Elise tyre I think ?) and simply turning into corners. This wasn't wreckless driving on my part, I simply found I could turn in to a lot of corners I would normally have braked for on previous tyres. The weather condtions were very changeable the roads damp, dry, and very wet at times, and not once did the back end misbehave. I have driven over 25000 miles in the S now, on several brands of tyre, including Bridgestone REO50MZ, Falken 452 and TOYO T1R's, none of those tyres gave me the positive confidence of this YOKO AD08 tyre, it really is exceptional in my view .... so far but I still have a lot of miles to do on them yet.
Hopefully it was and will continue to be wreckless, but not reckless

It's excellent news that these are turning out so well. Fingers crossed for next year.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Sep 13 2010, 07:12 PM
Hopefully it was and will continue to be wreckless, but not reckless

It's excellent news that these are turning out so well. Fingers crossed for next year.

Very well reckless ... fekin spelling/grammar police

It seems from above that Nick Graves uses these tyres on his NSX I would be very interested in a review from Nick and see if his views are comparable to mine.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

[QUOTE=s2k_Nut,Sep 11 2010, 07:02 PM] Well, I just twatted it down the M6 in a rain storm of stair rods to the JAE, the car felt totally planted and I had no concerns whatsoever from the car, they shifted the water brilliantly ... let me start at the beginning ...

Tyres arrived within 2 days of ordering, fantastic service in this regard to Dixon.

Had them fitted by a local tyre fella, £40.00 all in and with 32psi tyre pressure all round.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Sep 13 2010, 08:01 PM
I though it was the red spot near the valve, like they are?
http://www.toyo.com.au/tech_info14.htm

Chris.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:31 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

You learn something new (or properly!) every day...
Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you still get these Dixon. Yokohama say all stock is sold out?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by The Loon,Sep 21 2010, 04:54 PM
Can you still get these Dixon. Yokohama say all stock is sold out?
Event Tyres seem to have them
Old 09-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I called event tyres and they have sold out - I suspect Jay bought the last set

Quick Reply: AD08 now available at DMS