UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: Passenger side door/window trim

Old 01-26-2010, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Passenger side door/window trim

Guys, I need a new outside black trim for my passenger side door, the piece that goes along where the window comes out of the door, on the outside. I think its called a scraper seal. Good condition used is fine, locally preferred but posting it is ok as long as it doesn't get bent in transit.

Cheers!

Craig.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 AM

bump.... anyone breaking an S2k and could kindly supply this part?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:56 PM

Interesting to see this as my drivers one has just failed. Have you looked into how much effort this is to change at all?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:48 PM

Doubt it'll be much effort, looks like a couple of screws and pull it off to me.

Think I've found one.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine has come off, how does it attach because it doesnt look its just 2 screws, I'll have a better look at the weekend, you might have to take the door panel off.

Is it a black thick shiny strip that runs along the bottom of the window and attaches to the top of the door?
Old 01-28-2010, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Irvatron,Jan 28 2010, 04:01 AM
Mine has come off, how does it attach because it doesnt look its just 2 screws, I'll have a better look at the weekend, you might have to take the door panel off.

Is it a black thick shiny strip that runs along the bottom of the window and attaches to the top of the door?
Yes thats it, I can see one cross head screw on the back end (nearest back of car) and Mine has snapped inside there so keeps hitting the hardtop. I've tried to tease the whole strip off and it feels like some clips but then gives more resistance at the opposite end (at wing mirror) so I am assuming there is another screw here somewhere. Maybe wing mirror off job.

I've managed to find one now off a breaking S2k, coming through post next week. I'll let you know how I get on. Mods, is it worth now moving this to the main forum and changing the title?
Old 01-28-2010, 08:40 AM

Mind me asking who you got this off? I need to get the drivers side one as per previous post
Old 01-28-2010, 08:48 AM

My drivers door seal has started doing the same I think it might have been caused over the icey spell we just went through
Old 01-28-2010, 09:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, it's called a weather strip.

It is secured by 5 or 6 plastic clips along the edge of the door, as well as 1 or 2 screws/push clips on the fwd/aft end of the door.

Replacing it is not a 5 minute job, the door car has to come off. You'll need something like a pick to pry the clips off (which are fragile) in order to remove the strip itself. You'll probably want to source a few of these clips before you do the job to make sure you are not caught short.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by loftust,Jan 28 2010, 10:08 AM
FWIW, it's called a weather strip.

It is secured by 5 or 6 plastic clips along the edge of the door, as well as 1 or 2 screws/push clips on the fwd/aft end of the door.

Replacing it is not a 5 minute job, the door car has to come off. You'll need something like a pick to pry the clips off (which are fragile) in order to remove the strip itself. You'll probably want to source a few of these clips before you do the job to make sure you are not caught short.
Door card did you mean? Not a problem, I'm fitting speakers at the same time anyway so works out quite well!

Quick Reply: WTB: Passenger side door/window trim