UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Sold

WTB: LHD headlights & tail lights

Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default WTB: LHD headlights & tail lights

I would like to buy LHD facelift headlights and tail lights. I got my car MOT'd in Finland with RHD lights but I would like to buy LHD ones. If someone happens to have extra LHD headlights or tail lights, I'll have them. I can also offer a swap from UKDM MY07 car with 33000 miles on the clock.

If I won't find them before August I'll buy brand new offside headlight and tail light. Then I need to relocate the rear fog light somewhere down like on pre-facelift S2000's. Please, let me know if you can buy them affordably somewhere. WinFreak, any ideas?

Cheers
Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 AM

make a topic on here:

http://www.honda-s2000.be/forum/index.php

Chap called Wasabi will probably have some, he's a breaker in Holland

Have you flattened the cover so the beam is flat rather than stepped?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:58 AM

Thanks WinFreak,

I tried to buy headlights from there last summer but I was too late and they were gone. Are they happy with english advert on that forum? I have been following the german forum too.

I have done nothing to the covers and the beam is stepped. I have no idea what to do to them .
Old 02-07-2012, 04:16 AM

They'll have no problem with you speaking english, but do like to you introduce yourself first before you start asking things

Inside the headlight there's a cap blocking the top half of the light, which creates the top of the beam, in this cap there's the step you see on the beam. What they do is file off the top of that cap so that the edge is straight, meaning the top of the beam would be completely horizontal which is MOT proof.

It's a bit of a fiddle but it would save you a lot of money, there's a how to on that forum which I'll send you some photos of if you want, I can't see them at work at the moment

Edit: the photos are in here, you won't understand much of the text but the pictures will be clear enough I hope

http://www.honda-s2000.be/forum/showthread.php?t=3728
Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excuse my ignorance. But what is the difference between the headlights of a UK car and a EU car? I know the taillights between those models have the reverse light in oposite direction but what about the headlights?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 AM

The shape of spotlight is different; UK (RHD) rises to left and EU (LHD) to right. The meaning is not to dazzle the traffic coming towards you. Excuse my bad english, this is not my native language.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

K3Nguru, let me know if/when you come to sell your RHD headlights, I may be interested
Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Cant you just take the lights to bits and cut a new ( LHD ) mask to go between the HID lamp and the projector lens or can the existing mask not just be turned around on each light.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:21 AM

You can't swap them over because of the hole pattern, but you can file them down to flat, or even a LHD shape quite easily because its only an aluminium cover.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:02 AM

Another finnish enthusiast tried filing the caps of his JDM headlights and ended up with bad beam shape. He said that the lense changes the beam and it looked horrible. He even added some chemical metal to the caps when trying to get the right beam shape. In the end he decided to buy proper LHD headlights.

It looks like I have sourced a set of LHD headlights and tail lights. I haven't even had time make WTB-thread on dutch/belgian forum. There has been lots of interest on my headlights and I may put them up for sale when I get round to installing my new headlights. I'll have to wait for a while to receive them first after finishing the deal . I have been thinking of putting two tail lights with reversing light on my car and relocate the rear fog light somewhere down like on pre-facelift models.

Cheers

Tommi

Quick Reply: WTB: LHD headlights & tail lights