UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

Wheels wanted.

Old 11-30-2001 | 11:12 AM

Now thats what i'm talking about - jesus they're nice!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=37041
Old 11-30-2001 | 11:30 AM

Steve

Thats exactly what I what i'm looking for but i want them for my SO2's and have my Cups on a set of old standard rims for the track.

Sorry to hear about your S2K. What happened?
Old 11-30-2001 | 12:08 PM

Originally posted by Mad Max
Steve

Thats exactly what I what i'm looking for but i want them for my SO2's and have my Cups on a set of old standard rims for the track.

Sorry to hear about your S2K. What happened?
They are 16in S02's on that picture - its the stock wheel coated black - i think i am really gonna have to get that done!!!

The accident: Round a left bend in the wet doing about 40mph, back stepped out to right. Tried to counter and not slam the brakes massively hard. Spun it the other way (clockwise) and had side impact just infront of the passenger door with a hefty signpost!! Needs to be investigated for chassis damage (massive remove&refit labour cost) , hence the time off the road, cos they have to remove rear & front bumper and some interior and ensure the alignment is ok around the whole car.

So that was that - insurance claim has begun its process and they seem ok about it all, so...........
Told me premium won't change massively cos i didn't have any no claims anyway!

I have several theories as to why it all happened, cos i wasn't pushing round the corner -

1) possible puncture in rear wheel affected balance - found a nail in the tyre the weekend before, had it checked out and they said it wasn't punctured - but i'm gonna check the pressures when i see the car tommorrow..........if one side was massively different to the other it could have induced poor balance in the corner........

2) the hotly contested (CT!) debate about tire pressure (see Ross's post for more of my views!!!) - i pushed all the tires up to 32 all round 3 days before the spin in the wet. There could be a link to me doing that and the possible puncture.............or, as i personally think, 32 is too high for the S02 hard compound when the car is cold and the road is wet.

3) installed v v v v heavy box in boot the weekend before - don't know how that would have affected it - i'd have thought it would have gained rear traction from the extra weight, but hey.....

You gonna get the wheels done black?!?!
Old 11-30-2001 | 02:35 PM

Steven,

I nearly did exactly the same thing this morning !!!

I was overtaking going from a 30 zone into a 60 zone, as I was approaching 40 along side the car I was overtaking, my whole car drifted to the right and I steered left to compensate... this forced the back out. Needless to say I kept very cool headed and eased off the gas... didnt brake at all, then after about the fifth back slap the back seemed to steady and I was able to continue to overtake. They werent little back slaps.. these were 35/40 degree jobbies and one wheel even caught some grass !!!!

I wasnt vtec-ing.. it was just wet, and I was on a slight bend... come to think of it Im amazed I stopped it from becoming 360 and was able to still ovetake whilst slapping around. I felt like a total idiot afterwards for overtaking in the wet, but I'd done it hundreds of times before without trouble....

BTW... i too like the black wheels.... gangster! I was looking at getting black 17" OZ's a while ago, but I need to wait until next summer before I can really afford to splash out on wheels.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stevenleith
[B]
The accident:
Old 11-30-2001 | 02:45 PM

Originally posted by N-a-$-t-Y
Steven,

I nearly did exactly the same thing this morning !!!

I was overtaking going from a 30 zone into a 60 zone, as I was approaching 40 along side the car I was overtaking, my whole car drifted to the right and I steered left to compensate... this forced the back out. Needless to say I kept very cool headed and eased off the gas... didnt brake at all, then after about the fifth back slap the back seemed to steady and I was able to continue to overtake. They werent little back slaps.. these were 35/40 degree jobbies and one wheel even caught some grass !!!!

I wasnt vtec-ing.. it was just wet, and I was on a slight bend... come to think of it Im amazed I stopped it from becoming 360 and was able to still ovetake whilst slapping around. I felt like a total idiot afterwards for overtaking in the wet, but I'd done it hundreds of times before without trouble....

BTW... i too like the black wheels.... gangster! I was looking at getting black 17" OZ's a while ago, but I need to wait until next summer before I can really afford to splash out on wheels.

Sounds very similar to my situation............and i'm glad someone had experienced something similar!!!!
Every detail is almost the same, and similar speed limit zones - 30mph round a bend onto a 60mph dual carriageway........i wasn't overtaking but i remember drifting right as i was going round the bend which has a similar effect i suppose. Only thing was i caught the grass........see ya.......... there goes the spin...

Have you seen phatom's post tonite.......awesome black stock wheels on silver.
You got black/red too - how dya think black wheels would look?
Old 11-30-2001 | 02:53 PM

Personally I would love to get black rims.

If you find out about painting the stock ones in the UK, let me know... I may do that instead of getting some Black 17" OZ's.
Old 11-30-2001 | 03:19 PM

Originally posted by N-a-$-t-Y
Personally I would love to get black rims.

If you find out about painting the stock ones in the UK, let me know... I may do that instead of getting some Black 17" OZ's.
Definitely........once my car is back to shape in the new year - i may think about it - cost could be around
Old 11-30-2001 | 08:33 PM

its a shame that you guys live so far away. i am looking to sell my Black 17 inch Technomagnesio wheels . with 225 45 17s on the front and 255 40 17s on the rear . they will tuck in the wells and everything. They were made for a nsx in italy and shipped over and then the hub was ground down for the s2000 . they look unreal. The build of the wheels was funded by Comptech USA and you can see a small pic. of them on the car if you go to Comptechusa.com ( i think it is under the brake are) you'll have to search . I will work on getting pics up of them . I may sell them.I also am selling a essentially new full BREMBO brake kit if anyone is interested. It will include the stainless lines, 4-pot brembo calipers , custom comptech aluminum brackets , 2-piece 13 inch rotors . the kit is awesome and HUGE it retails for$3000.00 and i am taking offers. pm me with questions.
Old 11-30-2001 | 11:31 PM

Black alloys can look awesome.
Old 12-01-2001 | 12:18 AM

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
Black alloys can look awesome.

Do they help you on the ..........

Quick Reply: Wheels wanted.