UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

Pair of facelift headlights £325

Old 02-16-2016 | 03:08 PM

Default Pair of facelift headlights £325

PLEASE READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY. For clarity, these items are not perfect!!!

For sale: 1 pair of REPAIRED facelift headlights (excluding bulbs and ballasts)

My headlight lenses got chemical damaged a few years back - if ever you use Lanka to fix paint chips, don't get it on your headlights as the lenses crack.

I didn't fancy the near-£1k replacement cost so I sourced a couple of damaged lights from breakers and repaired the originals. This involves heating the join and separating the lens from the main body, then fitting the replacement lens and sealing with silicone.

The o/s light went perfectly, but the n/s one didn't seal on the first go. I removed the lens again and got a good seal on the next attempt, aided by copious application of silicone, but the lens didn't seat perfectly, so it sits a few mm proud of the bodywork when installed. I used a couple of washers to bring the top/outer edge back to where it should be when fitting the light. The bottom corner towards the middle of the car still sat a little further out than it should, but wasn't really noticeable.

The o/s replacement lens was very good but the one I got for the n/s wasn't perfect as it had a small crack or score in the plastic. It was watertight and wouldn't bother a lot of people, but nevertheless, I bought a pair of headlight protectors to improve the look.

I didn't like the Velcro type fixings for the protectors and tried all sorts of tapes, but they all showed through, so I carefully masked off the edge of the covers and painted a black edge about 1cm wide, then fixed them with gel tape.

The protectors can be removed easily though.

Other stuff:

I used a headlight restoration kit on the lenses which had a protective coating you apply with a cloth, which doesn't give a perfect smooth finish. Again, many people wouldn't care or notice and it makes no difference with the protectors on, but if removed, you might want to buff the lenses to make the finish perfect.

I knocked one of the fixing lugs off the o/s lamp (the outer most one) whilst handling the lights. No other damage to the casing though, like you would get in collision damage. The light still fits securely using the other three points and I have the piece that snapped off, so a bit of decent adhesive would probably do the trick.

The back of the lights look naff because of the silicone, but you can't see that when they're on the car.

These aren't right for a concours show car, but they're not awful either, IMO. Take a look at the pictures on and off the car.

I'm looking for £325 inc. delivery for the pair. That's less than half what I've just paid for a used set (even the broken lamps I bought for the lenses cost me £150), so I hope it's reasonable.
Attached Thumbnails Pair of facelift headlights £325-image.jpg   Pair of facelift headlights £325-image.jpg   Pair of facelift headlights £325-image.jpg   Pair of facelift headlights £325-image.jpg   Pair of facelift headlights £325-image.jpg  

Pair of facelift headlights £325-image.jpg   Pair of facelift headlights £325-image.jpg