UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: MY08 Honda S2000, 17500 miles, £12,750

Old 02-22-2014, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: MY08 Honda S2000, 17500 miles, £12,750

I’m a long term lurker of these forums, and this is probably my most significant post!

It is with great sadness my Honda S2000 is up for sale, which I have owned for the last five years. I'm selling for a combination of reasons - a house refurbishment and because I'm getting a practical car with more seats and boot space. Anyway, here is the advert:

In short
  • MY08 Honda S2000
  • 08 Reg (registered 1 July 2008)
  • Berlina black with red leather
  • 17,500 miles
  • Tax to Sept 2014; MOT to July 2014
  • Extended Honda warranty to July 2014
  • Full geometry initially set up by Chris Franklin of Center Gravity
  • Suspension bolts copper greased to prevent seizures in future
  • Full Honda service history
  • UK Car (not a European import)
  • Bridgestone Potenza tyres have around 5mm of tread remaining
  • 1 previous owner (ex-Honda UK company car, but not a demo car)

I'm asking for £12,750, which reflects the low mileage, condition and history of the car.

Here are some photos I have to hand. I’ll put up some more shots including of the interior this weekend.

More details

I bought the car in March 2009 as an Approved Used Honda when it was 8 months old with 3500 miles. I use it as a weekend car only, so it has spent its life on fun country road outings and a few longer distance trips around UK and to France. I can probably list out the trips that make up most of the mileage! It has never been tracked or crashed in my ownership.

Almost as soon as I bought the car I took it to Center Gravity to have a full geometry set-up and suspension bolts copper greased to prevent seizures in future (a well documented and potentially expensive issue). The geometry was re-done to the same specifications by Camspec in October 2013.

It has been serviced annually regardless of the low mileage (I've averaged less than 3000 miles a year, how sad!). I have a file of receipts on maintenance spend, although the car hasn't really needed much. I bought a 3 year extended warranty for peace of mind. This expires in July 2014 and can be transferred to the new owner. It can be also renewed for about £250 a year if you shop around. Really good value considering it also comes with a year's European breakdown cover.

I take care to warm the car up before going above 4000rpm and then wait a bit more before using VTEC. I only use Shell V-Power petrol (ok, maybe on two occasions I had to go with BP Ultimate). I use Castrol Edge 5w-40 oil and regularly check oil levels , although the car doesn't seem to use any. Basically, I've tried to follow a lot of the good advice on the FAQ and from this forum!

The bodywork is in great condition with, as far as I can tell, only a couple of stone chips. The paint has some swirl marks (inevitable with a black car), which I've tried to minimise by washing the car using the two bucket method. The alloy wheels have minor kerbing.

I am a non smoking owner. The interior is clean as you would expect from a car of such low mileage. The seat side bolsters are showing minimal wear. The hood is in good condition with no tears and I've protected it from wear on the inside with the lizard skins.

Service history

Year 1 / 9k service: 28/02/09 @ Ryland Honda Cardiff, 3,584 miles
Year 2 / 18k service: 20/03/10@ Bristol Honda, 7,802 miles
Year 3 / 27k service: 8/4/11 @ Gatwick Honda, 11,236 miles
Year 4 / 36k service: 16/6/12 @ Invicta Honda Tunbridge Wells, 14,231 miles
Year 5 / 45k service: 5/7/13 @ Gatwick Honda, 15,955 miles

What the car will come with

2 sets of keys
Fully stamped service history book
Alpine iDA-X100 Head Unit with modify adaptor
OEM Honda 4 piece fitted carpet mats (a rarity these days!)

Viewings

The car is located in Tunbridge Wells, TN1. Viewings by appointment on weekends only.

I'd be happy to answer any questions. I am contactable via this forum, email (minwei.chan at gmail.com) and phone 07979 960 745.

I will only allow test drives if you can provide proof that you have fully comprehensive insurance to drive the car and show your drivers licence.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the sale, if youd have been just two weeks sooner I would have been very interested, its almost the exact same spec as I have just bought
Old 02-23-2014, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by zzkamikazezz
Good luck with the sale, if youd have been just two weeks sooner I would have been very interested, its almost the exact same spec as I have just bought
Thanks! To be honest I would have put it up for sale earlier, but just couldn't bring myself to until just now! I'm hoping the spring weather will bring out more buyers.

Enjoy your new car, sounds like you got a good one! (And the best colour of, of course )
Old 02-23-2014, 09:13 AM

A few people have asked for photos of the interior. I tried to get one of the drivers side bolster (hard to get a good angle, but hope it helps). Here they are.

Seats come out as being very red in the pictures, they are slightly less so in real.

(Sorry, engine bay is a little dusty but nothing untoward).
Old 02-24-2014, 03:17 AM

Bump for a clean example!
Old 02-24-2014, 03:50 AM

Wow what a stunning example most prob of the lowest mileage one I have seen GLWTS
Old 02-24-2014, 11:04 AM

Thanks for your comments guys.

If anybody was wondering:

Car is completely standard - apart from the Alpine Head Unit

Car is HPI clear.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is tempting, very
Old 02-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Where's my piggy bank
Old 02-25-2014, 01:20 PM

Potential buyer narrowly slipped through my hands today, who decided instead to go for a white GT100 (silly choice J, black is obviously a faster colour! )

Now advertised on Pistonheads.

But would be nice to sell to an enthusiast on this forum.

Quick Reply: FS: MY08 Honda S2000, 17500 miles, £12,750