UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: MY00 Berlina Black with Red Interior

Old 06-20-2006 | 11:41 PM

Default FS: MY00 Berlina Black with Red Interior

I'm considering selling the S2000 this year. Currently I'm undecided on whether to get an 04 or try something else (Elise possibly). Looking to sell towards the end of the summer as I have a few trips planned over the coming 6-8 weeks that I would like to use the car for, but if you're interested and you want it sooner let me know and I'll see if we can sort something out.

Here's the vital details

- V plate MY00 registered Feb 2000
- UK Car
- 79800 miles - I do about 6k a year, so this could be 82k by the time I come to sell.
- Black with black/red interior
- FHSH
- Most of the service invoices - all since I've had the car.
- New (correct) Bridgestone S02s 3000 miles ago
- No clutch buzz (must be an 055 clutch!)
- I'm the third owner, bought from a S2ki site member, who I can put you in touch with if you want. I have owned the car since Nov 2003.
- New Honda OEM springs, dampers and top mounts all round at 68k
- 1 new suspension arm at 68k miles
- Completely standard - never modified (apart from side repeaters!)
- No Accidents
- HPI Clear

- Serviced and MOT March 2006
- Tax until March 2007 (I think!)

I have an Alpine mp3 HU and modifry adapter in the car but I am planning on keeping these for my next car, so the car will be supplied with the standard Honda tape deck, unless you want to pay me market value for the current kit.

This car has been fantastic, in almost 3 years nothing has ever gone wrong with it (except a flat battery ). It's a high miler, but the majority of the miles have been motorway, and as such the car is still in excellent mechanical condition and it drives like a car with less than half it's current miles. Interior is immaculate. The car has been using Redline oil since 72k miles. Roof and rear window are in great condition. The condition of this car's exterior is superb and has been treated to lots of Zaino . I drove a lot of cars when I was searching for this one, and this was the best regardless of mileage.

Honda changed the suspension foc when they found a fault with it

Now for the bad points...

- The wheels need a refurb, there's a bit of kerbing and corrosion - quoted
Old 06-20-2006 | 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bassoctopus,Jun 21 2006, 07:41 AM
Currently I'm undecided on whether to get an 04 or try something else (Elise possibly).
An Elise is the only car I could consider as a replacement.

Old 06-20-2006 | 11:57 PM

I'm booked in to test a 111R at the weekend. They're out of my price range at the moment, as I'll only have sub
Old 06-20-2006 | 11:57 PM

Good luck with the sale Neil.

I would get the plates changed before you put the car up for sale as it saves a lot of hassle as i've just found out. DVLA don't seem to rush things!!!
Old 06-20-2006 | 11:59 PM

Cheers

How long did the plate change take you? It only took a week when I bought this car to remove the old private plate and get the paperwork back. I'll probably look into the plate change at the start of August
Old 06-21-2006 | 12:25 AM

Taken 6 weeks so far & still haven't got the plates on to my new car although the plates were off the old car & new logbook within 4 weeks
Old 06-21-2006 | 12:54 AM

considered a VX220 Turbo?

i am.

waaaaay better build quality than the Elise and fast too!!
Old 06-21-2006 | 01:04 AM

I tried to get in one once I'm not built for the Elise and VX220s of this world. I like the idea of them but every time I try and get in, I'm put off!
Old 06-21-2006 | 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by LLOYDJ,Jun 20 2006, 11:57 PM
I would get the plates changed before you put the car up for sale as it saves a lot of hassle as i've just found out. DVLA don't seem to rush things!!!

I have just been through this and didn't have the forsight to move the plates off the car in advance of the sale.

As a consequence I have been very fortunate that the purchaser of the car is willing to transfer the plate to its new owner once he gets the new V5.
Old 06-21-2006 | 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bassoctopus,Jun 20 2006, 11:59 PM
How long did the plate change take you?
I was aware that you could take the transfer documents into a local office and get the paperwork transferred whilst you waited (I was prepared to put 3 or 4 hours aside for this ).

However I contacted the DVLA by 'phone (prepare yourself to navigate one of the most opaque and frustrating automated answering services on the planet ) and actually managed to speak to a real, live(ish) person.

I enquired about the local office whilst you wait transfer and recieved one of the most gob-smacking responses ever.

'oh, you can't do that any more. It was so popular, we have discontined the service'

Quick Reply: FS: MY00 Berlina Black with Red Interior