UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 2008 Honda S2000 GT (VSA)

Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2008 Honda S2000 GT (VSA)

I'm selling my Honda S2000 GT. Berlina Black with red leather interior. First registered in September 2008 and purchased from Marshall Honda in York. The car currently reads just over 14,400 miles.

***updated 16/09/11 - Final price drop. I've reduced it to the cheapest 2008 GT I can find, especially considering the low miles. This is a steal at the price

**updated 12/09/11 - 12 month Honda extended warranty just purchased. Expiry date of warranty: 12/09/12.

*updated 10/09/11 with some interior pics as requested**

£13,995 ono

The 3rd year service was carried out on 6th August 2011 and the service book shows a Full Honda Dealer Service History.

I’m the second owner. I believe the car was originally purchased by a retired gentleman, who drove it 8,000 miles before trading it back to the Honda dealer network in June 2010. I’ve only used the car on evenings and weekends, hence the low mileage over the past 15 months. The car has never been tracked and is kept in the garage.

Being a GT spec car it includes the aluminium hardtop which in unmarked and is currently stored in a Honda hardtop bag on a Honda hardtop stand. The original tonnaeu cover is unused and still in it’s plastic covering.

The car is always handwashed, pat-dried and waxed, the vinyl roof periodically sealed with Meguiars roof sealant and the leather interior is periodically treated with Gliptone. The alloys are also periodically coated in Poorboys wheel sealant.

I can be very fussy when it comes to my cars and can confirm the car has no dents with only a small number of stone chips on the front of the car. The alloy wheels are all unmarked, except one chip on the rear passenger’s side.

The only two things I’ve done to the car since purchase have been to install an mp3 adapter in the centre console (no drilling involved and can be easily removed) and replace the standard 2 piece mats with the luxury red 4 piece mats.

The car is currently in Northern Ireland but is 6.5 miles from Belfast Harbour, 13 miles from Larne Harbour and less than 20 mins from both Belfast airports. There are no real issues with bringing a car back to England from Northern Ireland. Some help can be found at http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=888061

Finally the car currently has a private plate, which is not included in the sale.

This is a genuinely reluctant sale I’ve loved every single mile. I’m certain the new owner will be confident that they have purchased a well-loved example of a fantastic sports car.

Some more pics can be found through the link in my signature but further photos can be provided on request. Any other questions I’m more than happy to answer as detailed as I possibly can.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:18 AM

As requested, here are some photos of the interior, including the drivers side. I've done my best to maintain the seat by getting in and out of the car in a ridiculous manner lol

Old 09-12-2011, 02:19 AM

Just purchased an extended 12 month warranty via my local Honda dealer. Expiry date is 12/09/2012 and will transfer with purchase of the vehicle.

Also I have a ferry booked for 30th September to attend Megameet 7 in Mold, North East Wales, so if anyone is interested in purchasing the vehicle I can drive the car over to you to save transportation costs. I would need at least a week's notice though to allow time to transfer my private plate.

As mentioned in the original posting, purchasing a car from NI is just the same as purchasing a car on the mainland.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!!!! for you
Old 09-16-2011, 02:55 AM

I've decided on one final price reduction to try and tempt you guys to part with your money in exchange for a beautiful low mileage example.

Now THE Best value 2008 GT in the UK and with a full year's extended warranty
Old 09-18-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

Could I ask your reason for selling please?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:48 PM

Hi Chris

The main reason I've put it up for sale is that although it's my main car, I'm just not driving it. I love it but only put 5,000 miles on it since I bought it and I won't leave it anywhere for fear of something happening to it haha I also want to learn more about engines so fancy something I can work on rather than a 'garage queen'.

So I've decided to get a cheaper runaround (a diesel VAG) and focus on finding something else to work on as a hobby. I've had a notion for a Mk2 Golf with a 1.8T engine. Also I've done a few autotests in a friend's MG Midget and really enjoyed it so Im also considering an autotest car.

If you have any other questions let me know or I can also PM you my mobile number if you want to talk about it
Old 10-06-2011, 05:08 AM

Boing! Back to the top

After driving to North Wales for the Megameet and back, the car is now on just over 15,300 miles. Still really low though.

Forgot to include in my original advert that it's taxed until 28 February 2012

Recent pics just before I left for Megameet. Three coats of wax on the paintwork, two coats on the alloys.

Click here for more pics - Pre Megameet Clean

At the triangle

Old 10-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw this car at the Mega Meet; it is flawless. GLWTS
Old 10-06-2011, 06:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Loon
I saw this car at the Mega Meet; it is flawless. GLWTS

Quick Reply: FS: 2008 Honda S2000 GT (VSA)