UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: 2005 Moon Rock S2000 - SOLD

Old 04-23-2006 | 03:00 AM

Default FS: 2005 Moon Rock S2000 - SOLD

Hi Folks,

This is the car I posted questions about some while ago. It belonged to my father in law, who sadly passed away just before christmas. I'm not an executor or beneficiary, but I have been asked to try and sell his car on their behalf.

Don dearly loved his car, it was his third in 5 years, and the one thing we do know is that he would want it to go to someone who would look after it the way he did. To give you an example, he'd rarely park it within 3 miles of another car, and he always insisted on opening and closing the door for his passengers, not out of chivalry (although his manners were impeccable), but in case they shut the door too hard or knocked into something!

It's a 2005 Moon Rock car, with red and black interior. It has 3,400 miles on the clock, and has been garaged since new.

It was delivered 29/04/05, so slightly less than a year old. Extras included upgraded speaker system, and Supaguard. The roof tonneau cover has never been used and is still in it's plastic wrapping.

It has only been owned by my father in law, although there are two registered keepers on the V5 (My mother in law changed the title on the car so she was able to transfer his private number plate onto her own car, so both keepers have the same surname).

It is immaculate, however, we did find one blemish in the form of a small ding on the nearside wing, about an inch long, but with no creasing, and no damage to the paint. There are photos of it in my gallery.

Gallery Here

I have more photos, and all the gallery entries in larger format, so please email me if you want to see anything specific, I did try to take photos of everything. Please bear in mind that I took the photos after only giving it a quick rinse with a hose and chamois, no shampoo or wax.

Asking price is
Old 04-23-2006 | 03:35 AM

Good luck Rob, car looks mint, and with your description of the owner it sounds like it will be an excellent buy.

The only problem I can see is that brand new EU imports are available for your asking price, so you may have to drop it
Old 04-23-2006 | 01:18 PM

Thanks for your comments and info Neil,

You could always remortgage, apprently there are some very good deals around

I'm considering trading in my wife for it (and she's considering trading me in for much less!)

Rob
Old 04-23-2006 | 02:16 PM
Administrator
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Best of luck Rob. I think you are within the 'selling for someone else' rule
Old 04-25-2006 | 01:20 AM

Hi Rob car looks good is it a GT.
sorry to sound dumb, how do we contact you!!
Jams
Old 04-25-2006 | 08:27 AM

I'm just about to ring you!

No, I'm afraid it's not got the hard top.
Old 05-09-2006 | 05:01 AM

Sold the car at the weekend, to a buyer who saw the car on this forum.

Thanks all so much for your help and advice. (Esp. Aquila Eagle and Bassoctopus)

Rob
Old 05-09-2006 | 06:11 AM