UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: 2005 (54) S2000 in Moonrock

Old 04-25-2011, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2005 (54) S2000 in Moonrock

NOW SOLD:

Unmodified Honda S2000. Registered January 2005, on a 54 plate.
Moonrock with red/ black leather interior (black dash), with just over 72k miles (vast majority motorway miles). Note that I am still using the car at this time, so the mileage will go up slightly until sold.

I have owned this car for five years (I am the third owner after it being a Honda car initially) and have loved every minute of it. It has a full Honda service history from Arnold Clark Honda in Altrincham (last serviced at 63,500 miles, next service due shortly). Many receipts to show.

The car has never been tracked, and run exclusively on Shell V-Power. It has not been V-Tec’d when cold and has only been redlined several times during my ownership. It has the correct RE050 MZ tires with good tread and the engine oil is often checked.

The MOT will expire on 20 January 2012 and the tax is due to expire at the end of July. Comes complete with all manuals, all keys and has not been smoked in. The car is free from finance and is HPI clear.

The catalytic converter failed a month back and this was replaced with a brand new, type approved unit on 31st March 2011 by a reputable local garage, odometer showing 71,370 miles at that time.

The brake pads and disks were replaced all round on 21st May 2010 by the same garage.

The air conditioning was also re-gassed on 6th July 2010 and is still running cold.

Despite saying the car is not modified, the stereo has been replaced. I have a Sony CD head unit (plays MP3 CDs) which interfaces with the dash controls, plus a six disk changer in the boot and an iPod connector that I’ve fitted in the top glove box. This setup will be remaining in the car as is and the default head unit will also be available to take away if you wish. Note that I would not expect this setup to work with the iPhone 4, although I have not tested this. However, Bluetooth audio is built in to the head.

The car is in very good condition, as you can see (some pictures are not bang up to date yet, the first two were taken yesterday, however I will update in a day or two when I’ve given it the works on cleaning!), however there are a few points to note, for fullest honesty:

• There is some minor corrosion on the front left wheel centre.
• There are a few small stone chips (I only notice them when polishing!)

Having said the above, I keep my car clean and my neighbours often comment on it being the cleanest car on the road!

The Tonneau cover is included – remind me to get it out of its bin bag in the loft!!! Also included is the glove box organiser, shown, plus the full Honda car cover, shown.

Reason for sale: This is my second S2000 and over the two, I’ve had over 9 years of pleasure, but it’s just time to change. If they’d made a new model S2000 I’d probably have bought another! I called at my parents the day I signed for a new car and my Mum patted the S on the bonnet and said “Poor car”! Strangely, I had a massive sense of guilt as the car has never let me down and their really is nothing wrong with it.

Price Reduced! £9,500 o.n.o. £8,995 o.n.o.

Please email me for any additional information: neil.moore@virgin.net or call me on 07771 787 303

I’ve not mentioned the standard spec, as I assume being on here, you already know!

The car is based in South Manchester, within 10 minutes of junction 8 of the M60 and 15 minutes of junction 19 of the M6.

Viewings welcome, no tyre kickers, test pilots or canvassers! Will need to see drivers license and proof of insurance.

To protect myself, I would like cleared funds before collection or a joint visit to the bank to pay in cash/ bankers draft. Please feel free to discuss.

Taken this week:

Not bang up to date pictures:

Thanks for looking - I will update pictures when I've done the momouth cleaning session tomorrow!

Neil.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 AM

As promised, below are some picutres taken last weekend after I washed and waxed. Couldn't upload them on before now due to the issue with the s2ki gallery over the weekend.

Cheers for stopping by!

Neil
Old 05-08-2011, 03:40 AM

great looking car in top condition. GLWS, i have posted on my FB as my sister in law might be looking for one soon
Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence and FB link Dennis!
Old 05-20-2011, 04:23 PM

Well I've been driving round the country on business and for pleasure in the new car for a week or two now and haven't really had the time to push the sale of the S, but am in the area now, so to get things moving again, I've reduced the price to £8,995. Drop me a line if you're interested!

Cheers,

Neil
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 AM

hi

i am from germany.
please show me some pictures from the corrision and inside the car (seats and so on).

thank you

greets
andi
Old 05-27-2011, 02:32 PM

Hi Andi,

It occurred to me the other day that I hadn't included any interior pictures and I've been meaning to add some.

The car is at my parents house - it is still registered there from when I lived there, so makes sense to sell it from there to save any concerns of the buyer (don't want to sell it from a different address than it's registered to), plus I haven't the room to keep it at mine now I have the new car.

I'm at a wedding tomorrow (Saturday) so as I can't just pop outside in the morning and take the snaps, I will head over to my parents on Sunday afternoon and get some additional shots to upload here.

Cheers,

Neil
Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 AM

As requested, some pictures of the wheels:

Front Near Side:

Front Near Side (Close up on corrosion):

Rear Near Side:

Rear Near Side (Close up):

Rear Off Side:

Rear Off Side (Close up - minor issue with paint chipped on Honda 'H'):

Front Off Side:

Front Off Side (Close up):

Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 AM

Next, as requested, pictures of the interior. As is traditional in England, it rained as I finished washing the car, so I couldn't get the roof off to get a brighter picture I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Neil
Old 05-31-2011, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful example mate! I bought my 01 for not a lot less than that a year ago. Fair enough It did have 30k on the clock and a hardtop but this is very well priced for such a well looked after car. Good luck with the sale!

Quick Reply: FS: 2005 (54) S2000 in Moonrock