UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Zymol - Great stuff

Old 06-05-2002, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

Used my Zymol 'Starter Pack' over the weekend - Superb results!! I know that a lot of the guys on the board use it, but to those that don't I highly recommend it. The HD-Clean leaves the car feeling extremely smooth and the wax (Japon) gives an incredible shine. The car looks better than new!

Well worth the money
Old 06-05-2002, 02:05 AM

Glad you like it
Old 06-05-2002, 02:50 AM

I did mine last week it's looks and when you run your fingertips over it, it feels so smoooooth. I then took it out and did about 150 miles, when I checked for the usual bug plastered nose, I'd only got a fraction of the amount I usually had. Then I got caught in a rain burst and it washed what few bugs I had off.
Is it worth giving it a second waxing so soon? would I see any improvement?

Wooly
Old 06-05-2002, 03:18 AM

Probably not worth doing it just yet but hey it'll leave the car super shiny again!. I'd say to wax it every 4 weeks or so, I do the S2000 this often but the Focus slightly less frequently (idleness!). You'll probably notice the second coat is even easier to apply and you use less wax. The beading of water is superb though isn't it?

Tif

PS How are you guys finding the Treat?
Old 06-05-2002, 04:28 AM

The Treat has been great also, the leather is as 'good as new' and the colour fully restored. It was also a lot easier (and far less messy) to apply than a lot of other leather cleaners / conditioners that I've tried before.

Tif, would I need to use the HD Clean before every wax, if I was to do it every 4 weeks?

Old 06-05-2002, 04:43 AM

Glad to hear you rate the Treat as highly as I do, I reckon its great stuff.

You need only HD CLeanse the car once or twice a year depending on mileage/weather exposure. I did mine again at 6 months and the car really did come up to an amazing shine - highly recommended!
Old 06-05-2002, 04:47 AM

Cheers Tif!
Old 06-05-2002, 04:50 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Tif and all,

What is the Zymol starter pack? (I recall an old post, I suspect a search on your postings will do it?).

I would appreciate a brief "what to do from scratch" - that is, a car that's been waxed about a year ago and since only washed and leathered. Lots of chips One wheel arch with grey undercoat showing where I rubbed against the wood of the carport trying to squeeze in close on the passenger's side. Should I attend to the chips etc. before Zymol or after Zymol? And what with?

Thanks,
Rog
Old 06-05-2002, 05:00 AM

Oh Gods - don't mention stone chips (search on 'Stone chip from hell' )

There have been good reports of Chips Away style repairs from board members, mine wasn't so good and then I managed to screw it up completely! FWIW I paid
Old 06-05-2002, 05:22 AM

Hey Tif - since you seem to be the resident Zymol expert on the board, is it recommended/necessary to put 2 (or more) coats of wax on one after another? I haven't been using it that long but it's truly amazing stuff, everytime after I wash and wax the car I have to deliberately walk past several times just to see the awesome shine off the car!

Quick Reply: Zymol - Great stuff